Guide ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind the RC installs along side v3.2 on Mac OS X only ... not the case for Windows ...

Also ... it asked you to close v3.2 because a catalog can only be opened by one application at a time ... you don't want to inadvertently write data to the same catalog from two different sources ... it can cause all kinds of headaches ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh geez! I'm starting to think I should've stuck with ViewNX until the official release. Betas aren't ever easy to work with (i.e. iPhone OS betas) but this one in particular is extraordinarily complex to work with because of the concept of each beta storing different sets of your files. How do I go about maintaining the integrity and functionality of my 3.2 version while utilizing 3.3's support? I take it I should just save all my 3.3 files in the 3.3 library and then transfer once 3.3 official goes live?

You've been a great help by the way! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 3.3 RC is not a "Beta" per se ... the engineers feel it is pretty solid which is why the classified it as a Release Candidate ... and would like users to voluntarily test it out in the real world before giving it a final seal of approval ... if history is any indicator ... Adobe RC releases have been pretty stable and solid ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may have misunderstood, or perhaps my post was too confusing. Lightroom 3.3 RC will open and interact with your Lightroom 3.2 library just fine, and it doesn't create a separate copy of anything. If you quit it and open Lightroom 3.2 again, it will open any changes, except of course that you won't be able to work with your D7000 RAW files.

You can basically just treat 3.3 RC as your main Lightroom until it goes Gold Master. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 3.3 final release installer will clean up the extra version in your Applications folder. In any case, through the whole process there is never a copy of your library or your photos unless you explicitly create them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frnc11 wrote:

Oh geez! I'm starting to think I should've stuck with ViewNX until the official release. Betas aren't ever easy to work with (i.e. iPhone OS betas) but this one in particular is extraordinarily complex to work with because of the concept of each beta storing different sets of your files. How do I go about maintaining the integrity and functionality of my 3.2 version while utilizing 3.3's support? I take it I should just save all my 3.3 files in the 3.3 library and then transfer once 3.3 official goes live?

You've been a great help by the way! Thanks!

Make sure you've got Store settings with catalog checked in prefs, and then simply uninstall 3.2 and install 3.3 RC. The new version will take over all your prefs and catalog and previews, just the same as 3.2 did. You won't notice the difference.

I never run a new version alongside an old one, even if Adobe or others say you can. It's asking for trouble IMO. The new version isn't really a beta; its been beta tested already. If no new important bugs appear, it will be the version released via automatic update.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Has the bug been fixed that you still need to zoom in/out to view the sharpening settings on an image in the develop module ?

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm waiting for some feedback on this as well. Zooming in and out on my laptop is too slow to be a workable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharpshooter 007 wrote:

I'm waiting for some feedback on this as well. Zooming in and out on my laptop is too slow to be a workable solution.

Did you try it?  It seems fixed to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lee Jay,

I'll download and try it now.

Always appreciate your input on the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been able to reproduce is 100% in LR 3.2 at 1:2 zoom.

In LR 3.3 RC it seems to be fixed - cannot reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2nd monitor support in Win 7 is much improved! I have a wacky setup (main monitor is on the right) and some things like scroll-wheeling (is that a verb?!) on the 2nd monitor (left for me) did not work - all that is fixed - thank you! Also I notice synchronization between the 2nd mon grid and the filmstrip - selecting an image in one scrolls the other to it - excellent!

Panel configuration has some great enhancements - like wider panels for better slider control, and some panel arrangement improvements, like separating the basic corrections (CA & vignetting) from the less common (post-crop & grain)  - thanks again!

DJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ-G wrote:

<snip>

Panel configuration has some great enhancements - like wider panels for better slider control, and some panel arrangement improvements, like separating the basic corrections (CA & vignetting) from the less common (post-crop & grain)  - thanks again!

DJ

DJ,

Those look the same to me as in 3.2 (unless I'm missing what you're saying)..

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I guess I missed that improvement in 3.2, Jay - my thanks are belated! Love those really wide panels!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ-G wrote:

Hmm, I guess I missed that improvement in 3.2, Jay - my thanks are belated! Love those really wide panels!

DJ,

I'm sure Adobe appreciates, belated or otherwise.   🙂

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DJ-G wrote:

Nothing was changed here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an official fix for the sharpening mask causing program termination in PCs with AMD Athlon chips? A wonderful forum member created a patched cameraraw.dll that seems to have fixed the flaw, but am wondering about an official patch/fix....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rivergoat wrote:

Is there an official fix for the sharpening mask causing program termination in PCs with AMD Athlon chips? A wonderful forum member created a patched cameraraw.dll that seems to have fixed the flaw, but am wondering about an official patch/fix....

I have checked this out and the bug is still there.

See the original thread for details (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/733986?tstart=0).

In fact this bug persists in all LR 3.x versions.

If it will not be fixed in a final release I will create patch for LR 3.3 as I did for LR 3.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quickly came across a bug with the release candidate in the Develop module.

In the HSL panel, there is a radial button to the left within the panel (is there a formal name for it?)  When I click on it normally it would allow me to make adjustments in the image with the mouse (either by a held click and move, or by the scroll wheel).  In the Release Candidate, the functionality is very unstable. If not already identified as an issue, I'm sure that someone else can reproduce the problem fairly easily. 

In version 3.2 the functionality works normally.  I hope this is useful for the programmers.

Thanks for making such a great product.  The spot removal tool has REALLY been improved in the RC. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Wedlake wrote:

In the HSL panel, there is a radial button to the left within the panel (is there a formal name for it?)

Targeted Adjustment Tool, or TAT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still as slow as a dog (with no legs) I cant run it fullscreen, its too painful.  I used to be more productive 4 years ago using camera raw with 2gb of ram on a 2core processor.  I just tried camera raw, and thats just a slow these days.  I need to find another raw processing system, I love lightroom but its costing me TOO much money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Wedlake wrote:

I quickly came across a bug with the release candidate in the Develop module.

In the HSL panel, there is a radial button to the left within the panel (is there a formal name for it?)  When I click on it normally it would allow me to make adjustments in the image with the mouse (either by a held click and move, or by the scroll wheel).  In the Release Candidate, the functionality is very unstable. If not already identified as an issue, I'm sure that someone else can reproduce the problem fairly easily. 

In version 3.2 the functionality works normally.  I hope this is useful for the programmers.

Thanks for making such a great product.  The spot removal tool has REALLY been improved in the RC. Thanks.

I'm seeing the same "odd" behavior with the Tone Curve pointer.  The adjustments seem to be being made fine, but the panels are "flickering" for lack of a better way to describe it.

On a Macbook Pro, 10.6.3

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems OK on my machine:

Lightroom version: 3.3 RC [704824]
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
Version: 6.1 [7600]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Physical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3.4 GHz
Built-in memory: 7934.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 7934.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 973.3 MB (12.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1110.5 MB
Memory cache size: 363.8 MB
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: No
Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

areohbee wrote:

Seems OK on my machine:

Lightroom version: 3.3 RC [704824]
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
Version: 6.1 [7600]
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Physical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 3.4 GHz
Built-in memory: 7934.1 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 7934.1 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 973.3 MB (12.2%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 1110.5 MB
Memory cache size: 363.8 MB
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: No
Displays: 1) 1920x1200, 2) 1920x1200

Rob,

Well, that potentially lets out the screen resolution I was possibly thinking.  I'm at 1920x1200 as well.  The function is working, it is the display in the Tone Curve and HSL boxes that seems flaky.  As I'm making an adjustment, they seem to blink on and off.. almost like the same issue with the WB pointer not registering the percentages all the time.. so I'm wondering if there is any relation to that???

Jay S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the TAT with HSL and curves all day with no issues ... LR3.3rc, Mac OS X 10.6.4, iMac 24", 2.16 GHz Core2 Duo, 3GB RAM ... so I son't think it is a "bug" per se ... at least for me it works fine ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under further investigation, I found that the TAT works fine IF doing the "left click (hold) with mouse movement", but the scroll wheel method does not seem to work correctly (had erratic motion). I also compared version 3.2 and 3.3rc on several images, and 3.2 works fine on the same images that 3.3 didn't. Using another mouse yielded the same results.

Specifically:

- I select an image.

- Highlight the TAT in the HSL Panel (using the Hue tab).

- Chose an area on the image with a solid colour that highlights a colour on the Hue tab.

- Tried to use scroll wheel to make adjustment. Result: Erratic or no adjustment.

- Tried to use held left-click with mouse movement. Result: Works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines