• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 won't open: Error 0xc000007b

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using lightroom 4 for a while with no problem now it wont open up and error message 0xc0000078 comes up. I have rebbooted reinstalled etc. I installed version 3 and that worked when I upgraded version 3 to 3.6 I had the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Good day all,

Based on your suggestions and feedback we have updated our documentation on this issue with some new solutions.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00007b.html

Let us know if this helps, or feel free to post if you have more questions or still are seeing the error.

Thanks!

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 101 Replies 101
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jodi, without going into deep stuff, I will answer your questions.

First, you may not have to reinstall Windows – that is a last resort. That being said, you will probably need a Windows install disk to do it. If, however, your PC manufacturer installed a copy on a hidden disk, you could activate it while you are booting up the PC. Beware, however, you will lose every program and all the data you have installed – the PC will look just the way it did when you first received it. So – last resort.

I would watch the forum here closely. The guys and gals have pinned it down to iLivid being the culprit. I am running a whole bunch of virus removal products right now and, if I am successful, will be able to recommend one – a lot easier than reinstalling Windows. In the meantime, run the 32 bit version. It works OK – just slow.

John

Dr. PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2012 Nov 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am following your thread, I am one of the ones who has been posting blogs on this. Just to let you know that an Adobe technician has confirmed Ilivid as a possible culprit spent two hours on phone with remote viewing and they were unable to fix it ,still have pending case with Adobe so hopefully they will come up with a solution. The worrying thing is that there is at least one person on the blog who has the same problem and who did not load up Ilivid ( a woman I belive) so we may be looking at something else : a possibl ethread to look at is has anybody had a problem after uploading any recent windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restor an old version of Windows 7, before install Ilivid, "Panneau de configuration" and "recuperation" in french language.

uninstall Lightroom and reinstall LR64 for a right connect with the catalog, all OK .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Doc.

Foolish question, how do I run the 32 bit version.  Seriously, thank you so much for the help.

Jodi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I uninstalled lightroom, ran lavasoft virus checker which might not have done much. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner  this is the registry cleaned I used and did all the checks it offers. restarted the computer and installed lightroom. Works fine now. Give that cleaner ago, it seemed really good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drevil: thanks for the tip on ccleaner. I'm traveling now but will try it when I get back. Has anybody else had luck with ccleaner?

If anyone wants to dig deeper, we still haven't figured out exactly what Ilivid is changing. W7r was kind enough to finger ilivid with a fresh install. Perhaps someone with IT experience could diff the system files per my suggestion above?

Everyone might want to consider sending mail to Support@ilivid.com describing your problem. Be polite! Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No question is foolish the first time you ask it!

First, download Lightroom version 4.2 from the website, if you have not already. Although it depends upon what Internet browser you are using, the download will usually end up in a folder called Downloads and it is called Lightroom_4_LS11_win_4_2.exe. Your browser may show you the download in a list. When you have located it, double left click on it to run it and wait patiently. It will ask you two questions – reply Run, then Next to them. Then wait again.

An Installer window will pop-up and give you two check boxes. Click on the first to uncheck it, and click on the second to check it (Open Specified Folder) and click on OK or Run or Continue (whatever it says…). In the Windows Explorer window that pops up, double left click on the folder called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. There you will see two files, Setup32.exe and Setup64.exe. Double click on Setup32.exe to install the 32 bit version of Lightroom. You do not have to uninstall the 64 bit version, but you will have two icons on your desktop. The new one is the 32 bit one. Whew!

I have not had success so far in getting the 64 bit version to run, despite running various malware scanners and registry cleaners, etc. I manually removed all references to iLivid from the registry too. I suspect that iLivid installed a file with the same name as a (minor) system file, replacing it. Running SFC /scannow and even doing a full system repair has not replaced that file with a good one. I need to see a manifest from iLivid to see what files it installs.

John

Dr. PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's possible restor system before the install of Ilivid. For me that is OK with LT64.

regard's

Jacques

Message du 18/11/12 18:16

De : "Radiowhiz"

A : "jpf46"

Copie à :

Objet : Lightroom 4 won't open: Error 0xc000007b

Re: Lightroom 4 won't open: Error 0xc000007b

created by Radiowhiz in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

No question is foolish the first time you ask it!

First, download Lightroom version 4.2 from the website, if you have not already. Although it depends upon what Internet browser you are using, the download will usually end up in a folder called Downloads and it is called Lightroom_4_LS11_win_4_2.exe. Your browser may show you the download in a list. When you have located it, double left click on it to run it and wait patiently. It will ask you two questions – reply Run, then Next to them. Then wait again.

An Installer window will pop-up and give you two check boxes. Click on the first to uncheck it, and click on the second to check it (Open Specified Folder) and click on OK or Run or Continue (whatever it says…). In the Windows Explorer window that pops up, double left click on the folder called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4. There you will see two files, Setup32.exe and Setup64.exe. Double click on Setup32.exe to install the 32 bit version of Lightroom. You do not have to uninstall the 64 bit version, but you will have two icons on your desktop. The new one is the 32 bit one. Whew!

I have not had success so far in getting the 64 bit version to run, despite running various malware scanners and registry cleaners, etc. I manually removed all references to iLivid from the registry too. I suspect that iLivid installed a file with the same name as a (minor) system file, replacing it. Running SFC /scannow and even doing a full system repair has not replaced that file with a good one. I need to see a manifest from iLivid to see what files it installs.

John

Dr. PC

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4856705#4856705

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Doc.  I am going to try it now.  Photography is my therapy so this means A LOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2012 Nov 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem with my LR4 since having installed iLivid.  64 bit version worked fine up until that point, now I get the Error 0xc000007b message.  Went ahead and installed the 32 bit version and that seems to work fine.  Uninstalled iLivid and 64 bit version still does not work.  Hope to hear of an easy fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys - think I have the solution. I too like everybody here started seeing this error subsequent to iLivid installation. After reading through the logs here and elsewhere, I started tracking down the issue and eventually zeroed in on the following DLLs:

1. msvcr80.dll

2. msvcr100.dll

These DLLs were reported either missing or being 32 bit. I am runnig Win 7 Enterprise 64 Bit. After copying the 64 bit versions of these DLLs in the Ligthroom installation folder, I was able to run Lightroom 4.3 RC.

Hope this helps.

Background Info:

1. I was running Adobe Lightroom 3.6 64 Bit

2. I installed iLivid, and Lightroom started bombing with oxc0000007b error.

3. I uninstalled iLivid, deleted ALL traces of it from Registry, ran multiple registry cleaners several times.

4. Ran LR 3.6 but oxc0000007b error persisted.

5. Uninstalled LR 3.6 and then installed LR 4.3 RC - the same error.

6. Then tracked down the issue to those 2 DLLs.

My LR is working fine now.

Let me know if this worked for you.

Regards//K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the above solution with the DLL identified works. I just uninstalled 4.3 RC and installed LR 4.2 and the same oxc0000007b error came up when I tried running LR. Then I copied the DLLs into the installation folder of LR 4.2, and voila! It started working. Now, I do not know the reason for this, but the DLLs indeed seem to be causing this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the info , can you advise the exact procedure, ie: where you downloaded the .dll files from and where you put them into.

Thanks

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse my ignorance but what is 4.3 RC??

Thanks

DH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By 4.3 RC I meant Lightroom 4.3 Release Candidate (RC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied the msvcr80.dll 64 bit from Adobe Photoshop CS 5.1 installation I had on my laptop. You can try downloading this file from internet, but it must be 64 bit.

And the msvcr100.dll was picked up from Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistrbutable. Again, you may want to try downloading this from somewhere on the Internet. But it must be 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the life of me cant find the msvcr100.dll file on the computer as I cannot even find the Microsoftvisual folder ( is it a hidden file) how do you find the folder.

The search will not bring up the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\windows\sysWOW64\msvcr100.dll , it's here in Windows 8

Frans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortnately have win 7 but should be in the same area

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I could email you these DLLs, but most likely they will be filtered by your spammer or the virus checker. Worth a try perhaps. let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its ok I have found the .dlls have put them in the installation folder but no luck, I have got the 32 version loaded however and have uninstalled and reinstalled CS5 they all work, CS5 is 64 bit. Very Strange!! Possibly not installling them in the right place but as far as I can see there is only one place,  If you have time have a shop and email me .dlls to david.hochstetter@gmail.com. I owe you a couple of beers ( wherever you are ) I am in the UK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this same issue - I have lightroom 4.2 installed on my desktop pc and also on my laptop. I installed ilivid on my desktop pc last week (by mistake).

I only have this issue on my desktop - so Ilivid seems to be the culprit as others have noted.

I am running windows 7  (64bit) With regards to the suggested DLL file copies. Exactly where do I find these dlls and where should I copy them to? What is their source and destination?

I can find several copies of the msvcr80.dll on my laptop - most in windows\winsxs\ based directories some appear to be AMD64 related locations and I am running on an i7 920 (intel 64) on my desktop and also an i5 intel 64 bit on my laptop.

So far I tried just copying the msvcr100.dll to my desktop and it has not resolved the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm livid with ilivid grrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@siarljp

I cannot say where you may find these DLLs, only that they MUST be 64 bit. I had to source one of mine from an existing 64 bit Photoshop CS 5.1 installation, and the other from the Internet.

I have emailed a copy of those DLLs to aztecvision; let's see if that works. In addition, I have also uploaded these DLLs zipped into a shared repository called ge.tt, and you are welcome to download this from here: http://ge.tt/7mU2JJS/v/0?c - feel free to run this through you fav virus checker.

Once you have dowloaded this, extract the DLLs from the zipped file, and then drop them into your LR installation folder. For instance mine is at the following location: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2 - which is where these DLLs are living. Restarted the Lightroom and you should be in business.

Note that the above solution works for other applications on Windows 7 64 bit, that also throws this error: 0xc000007b - so this is the ONLY guaranteed approach to fix it. Microsoft has been completely useless in this regard, as usual too.

Regards//K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you curious bystander! that fixed it! you just made my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of curiosity: are these two dlls specific to LR4.2 ?

I have a well-working LR4.1-installation, never infected with iLivid.

I searched for both dlls on my Win7-computer.

Several versions of both do exist in all sorts of programs (Photoshop CS5 among them), but none in Lightroom (neither 3.6, 4.0, nor 4.1).

Cornelia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines