• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 won't open: Error 0xc000007b

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using lightroom 4 for a while with no problem now it wont open up and error message 0xc0000078 comes up. I have rebbooted reinstalled etc. I installed version 3 and that worked when I upgraded version 3 to 3.6 I had the same problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Good day all,

Based on your suggestions and feedback we have updated our documentation on this issue with some new solutions.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00007b.html

Let us know if this helps, or feel free to post if you have more questions or still are seeing the error.

Thanks!

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 101 Replies 101
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing the dll files as CuriousBystander said in post 35. And it worked. I had removed iLivid, reinstalled Lightroom 4.2. Ran CC Cleaner with no luck.

Searched my C: drive for the two dll files.

Installed them in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.2.

After copying the dll into my Lightroom folder Lightroom was running again.

I just noticed CuriousBystander has a link to download the dll files you need up above.

Thanks CuriousBystander for coming up with the solution.

35. CuriousBystander,

Nov 19, 2012 8:09 PM    in reply to aztecvision 

Guys - think I have the solution. I too like everybody here started seeing this error subsequent to iLivid installation. After reading through the logs here and elsewhere, I started tracking down the issue and eventually zeroed in on the following DLLs:

1. msvcr80.dll

2. msvcr100.dll

These DLLs were reported either missing or being 32 bit. I am runnig Win 7 Enterprise 64 Bit. After copying the 64 bit versions of these DLLs in the Ligthroom installation folder, I was able to run Lightroom 4.3 RC.

Hope this helps.

Background Info:

1. I was running Adobe Lightroom 3.6 64 Bit

2. I installed iLivid, and Lightroom started bombing with oxc0000007b error.

3. I uninstalled iLivid, deleted ALL traces of it from Registry, ran multiple registry cleaners several times.

4. Ran LR 3.6 but oxc0000007b error persisted.

5. Uninstalled LR 3.6 and then installed LR 4.3 RC - the same error.

6. Then tracked down the issue to those 2 DLLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked through my files and found 40 'msvcr80.dll' and 25 'msvcr100.dll' of varying sizes, but none in LIGHTROOM. There are such files in Photoshop CS6 and Bridge.  At this point, everything is working.  What size are the dll files you used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just grabbed one from CS6 and the other one was the lastest version I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the size; 600 or 700 kb?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

msvcr80.dll   788kb

msvcr100.dll  809kb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I show msvcr80.dll files of 632, 796, 802, 822 and 626 KB with 626,688 bytes in Adobe Bridge CS6 and 796,672 in Photoshop CS6 but nothing in Lightroom 4.1.

I see msvcr100.dll at 829264 in Bridge and CS6, additional files of 773 and 770 KB but once again nothing in Lightroom. Perhaps Lightroom can read from some of the other dll files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2012 Dec 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a previous post I posted some of the sizes and versions of the files. Sometime the larger ones are older than the new ones – you can’t tell from that. And, sometime the creation dates are older for newer versions, etc. I think the best way to choose the files is by version (right click on the .exe file for that info). That being said, I still don’t know what versions are best, but my LR is working now with the following:

MSVCR80.DLL 3/28/11 778kb Ver 8.0.50727.762 (not the highest version in my computer)

MSVCR100.DLL 8/15/12 809kb Ver 10.0.30319.1

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The versions I have in Photoshop/Bridge CS6 are: --80  is 8.0.50727.762 and  --100 is 10.00.40219.1 but neither is in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Properly written applications do not include these files in their libraries. In theory, the correct one will be chosen by your computer when the application loads, based upon the level of library that was used to originally compile the application (see winsxs). This way, if there are bug corrections or security enhancements to the library, the application will always get the latest. The files reside in \Windows\WinSXS and \Windows\Syswow64 in 32 and 64 bit x86 and AMD versions.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The msvcr100.dll file in Adobe Photoshop and Bridge [64 bit] is 829,284[3/2012] but in System32 and SysWOW64 is 773,968 [6/2011]. Lightroom apparently knows what it needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1,000,000 thanks Curiousbystander.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2012 Dec 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, took a while for me to understand it but it worked and I'm extremely thankful!!!!!!!

Don't download Ilivid or you will regret it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the 64bit dll you refer to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day all,

Based on your suggestions and feedback we have updated our documentation on this issue with some new solutions.

http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/error-unable-start-correctly-0xc00007b.html

Let us know if this helps, or feel free to post if you have more questions or still are seeing the error.

Thanks!

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All good proposals. The lesson to learn is CREATE A RESTORE POINT before installing anything from the web, no matter how entertaining it might seem. In my case, this solved the problem. In contrast, I had to work with Microsoft for 4 hrs to remove a much more insidious problem, the Google Redirect Virus. How that one got in is still a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I didn't create a restore point recently but I'm still getting this error from LR4,LR4.2 and LR4.3 and it's getting more than annoying. Adobe need to address this or start issuing refunds and folks affected can invest in reliable software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not really an Adobe issue but a Windows/other software issue!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of this discussion realtes to Windows 7. I'm running VIsta 64-bit and connot correct the issue.  Every tim I start Lightroom, I get the message that MSVCR100.DLL is missing. I downloaded the recommended files form Microsoft, uninstaled and reinstalled Lioghtroom and copied MSVCR100.DLL into the Lightroom direectory. Nothihg is working for me.  I'm at wits end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandy, have you tried a Windows repair?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victoria, yes I tried Windows repair. I've tried everything.  The only thing I'm not sure of is I had installed iLivid a few months ago, but uninstalled it because I didn't like what it was doing to my system.  If there is anything left over from that install that is interfering, I'm not sure how to fix that. 

One other question, and it may be an ignorant one.  Somebody suggested installing the 32-bit version of Lightroom.  First, can I do that on a 64-bit Vista system and second, if I could, how do I override the default 64-bit installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download creates a file folder on your desktop. One of the files in there is the 32 bit version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Radiowhiz, your suggestion lit the lightblulb.  I didn't download the originally, I have an installation disk. I was letting it autorun, so I looked at what wsa on the disk and found the folder with the 32-bit installation and that solved the problem.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I got notified on this thread as I had the same problem some months back. I applied the solution offered by CuriousBystander and it worked. (see 35, 40 and 48 on this thread).

However, two days ago I updated to LR4.3 and the same problem occurred. I couldn't remember where I had found the answer before, so I tried the one offered by Adobe, ergo - reinstall LR4.3.

I had to recover the Adobe folder I had just deleted from the desktop, but then just clicked on the InstallLighroom exe file and it offered to REPAIR my installation, which it went ahead and did. I did not need to download or sort out MSVCR100.DLL, the repair did it for me.

There is one significant difference between my previous problem (thanks CB!) and this one - previously, the LR installation had been messed up by iLivid getting installed behind my back; this time it was due to Adobe's installation procedure.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution to such problems has been to have one computer strictly for Lightroom, Photoshop. image files, Word, WordPerfect and PowerPoint where absolutely nothing ever gets downloaded but updates and images. Then I have another for messing around. These imaging files are so enormous and have so many cross-links that unexpected but irreversible perturbations are inevitable. Then one can spend multiple hours getting things repaired. One of my sons downloaded a virus that redirected Google and took 2 days got Microsoft to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, but I never installed iLivid.  I had originally installed the 64-bit version and it was working fine.  Then one day it stopped.  I've tried copying the two 64-bit dll files, but it didn't fix the problem.  Ran CCleaner - nothing.  I even uninstalled some Win7 updates, but that didn't help either.  I've uninstalled 4.4, cleared all lightroom entries from the registry too - and LR4.4 still won't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines