• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 download

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to revert back to my Lightroom 5 but the latest version I have is 5.2.  I need 5.7 for it to be compatible with my D810.  Can someone help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

It's available for download on the same website where you can download Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC. Just scroll down a little further.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2017 Jul 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's available for download on the same website where you can download Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC. Just scroll down a little further.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2017 Aug 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. I needed to upgrade my 5.2 version so LR could process images from my D610. I downloaded the above version and I get an error message saying the "Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged. Download a copy of Adobe Application from...." which i did and then it asks me to start my 30 day trial. But I already own LR 5.

And if I enter my serial number it doesn't accept it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see the 5.7 after scrolling down , it only has 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click to Download- there is only Version 5.7.1 available.

ScreenShot072.jpg

This is the Windows download:

ScreenShot073.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. I can only see now Lightroom 6. Does this mean 5.x are no longer available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 is not listed in the 'old' Download link page as discussed in this forum thread but it is still available to you through your Account and your Order History.

Download older versions of Adobe apps

If you purchased Lr 'boxed' on a CD from a store, and did not register with Adobe, you will have to contact Adobe by the 'Contact us' link.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is NOT there pal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's necessary to contact Adobe direct now. Here is a link, click on the little "balloon" in the lower right-hand corner of the screen to initiate a chat session.

Contact Adobe support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No it is NOT there..."  Correct!

In May of 2018 (and earlier) it WAS there.

NOW is is NOT. Adobe removed it from public download access.

If you do not have the CD or Original Install file saved somewhere, then you will have to contact Customer Care by the link given by Jim -

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe won't give you a file that works. They'll give you a CC version and then you'll get an error message. Then support will try and tell you that it's because you have a Mac and LR 5.7.1 won't work. But it's because they give you the wrong file! Luckily I found the 5.7.1 version from when I updated a couple of years ago and it works. Not the one that one that Adobe chat support is giving out. They want you to subscribe to CC as there is no other reason they won't give you a file that works.

Oh and how about the offer of LR 6 trial version for 30 days? Why in the world would they offer an outdated version? LR 6 trial version will load CC and then you'll never get older versions to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe won't give you a file that works."

This is the new Adobe guidelines as at 9th/Dec/2019:

"For desktop apps, Adobe supports our current apps and the two previous major versions of each"

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/support-periods.html

What this means is that only Lr-Classic 9.2 and 'two previous' are the only versions available to download by CC subscribers.

For anyone that wants a v5 or v6 download: it is only possible IF they PURCHASED and DOWNLOADED their purchased version directly from ADOBE where it will be recorded in their Adobe Account details to access another download.

Simply having a Serial Number is not sufficient to obtain a download by a chat with Adobe. And Retail (third party) purchases do not qualify!

Tough news for all that love their 'old' versions!

I have never otherwise heard of Adobe recently offering a v6 Trial.??? Strange!!- Uninformed Chat person was possibly reading from an (very) old advice sheet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a disc copy which is registered on the Adobe website. They still gave me a file that they know won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and the LR 6 Trial was offered by 2 different reps, over a month apart! The chat support is useless. It took me several times for him to understand what I was talking about. 

Why would they give out a version of 5.7.1 when they know it won't work? Again, luckily I found my old update from a couple years ago on one of my drives. That one works...hmm. Why won't Adobe give that one out? They want everyone on CC. I don't use LR enough to pay for subscription. LR5 does what I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its registered, but the produkt does not appear. i purchased it via amazon ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its registered, but the produkt does not appear. i purchased it via amazon ..

Then I'm guessing you didn't register it. But you can still register it by clicking on My Products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still download LR 5.7 from here: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478?pag...

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser to see the images.]

In general, it's no longer possible to download LR 5 or earlier from your Adobe account, even if you purchased directly from Adobe. You may able to download LR 6 from your account if you purchased it in the last three years.

Adobe now has a policy of making non-subscription downloads available for only three years after the date of purchase:

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 12.42.41 PM.png

For example, I purchased LR 5 in 2013:

Untitled.png

When I click the link Downloads And Serial Numbers, I get here:

Untitled2.png

Clicking on the Download .Exe or Download .DMG links results in a 404 error:

Untitled3.png

Some people have had success contacting Adobe support, but for many others, it's ended in tears and frustration. It's much easier to simply download LR 4, 5, and 6 from here:

LR 4 and 5: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M16...

LR 6: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/10819370?page=1#M1...

[Use the reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue now... I bought Lightroom 5 in 2013 and I am a very occasional user on an old iMac running with MacOS Catalina. I don't need new features but somehow my install seems now broken (for some reason it can't import new picture anymore and the progress bar remains stuck at the beginning). I would be happy to reinstall my old Lightroom 5 but all download options vanished... My license can be found under "my products" but instead of a download link, I simply get "Lightroom 5 -- This installer is no longer available"

I don't need subscription for hundreds of USD/EUR a year, and I chose to buy a non-subscription-based version because I am such a sporadic user that it was not worth the money for me, plus I neither need nor want cloud services for my pictures. The install was made online and at no occasion there was something telling me "make sure to store a copy of the installer/app because after a while you won't be able to download it anymore". The possibility to reinstall the old app was just removed, I guess in the hope of making former clients move to the subscription model.

I am sorry Adobe, but that it just not an acceptable way to deal with your customers! You might convince me at some point to move for a subscription model by giving me positive arguments to why it would be better for me, but certainly by preventing me from reinstalling a previous version of the software, that I paid for! As a non-professional so sporadic user, I am certainly not as captive as most of Adobe's customers and would certainly go for alternative products, instead of buying a new license or subscription from Adobe for such a reason. Besides, a company that provides 1 TB cloud storage as part of its paid subscriptions can certainly accomodate a few downloads of a former version of their software from their servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are not responsible for your problem! I can still install v5.7 on a Windows PC.

Apple changed their OS to be 64bit only. Catalina OS cannot install v5.7 as the installer is 32bit.

You can find other software or subscribe to the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob_Cullen for your answer!

Alright, my bad then: I had not thought that the App which runs under Catalina (because installed before upgrading) had an installer that would not run under Catalina. The message on the download page could be clearer and say something like "The installer for this version is not compatible with your operating system" instead of simply saying "no longer available".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's why I still run Mojave on my Mac!

I have a new pc that my daughter didn't want to use. I wonder if my disc version of Lightroom 5 will work on there? And if I can update to 5.7.1? I need that to support importing files from my camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't necessary to install the disk version before you install version 5.7.1 because version 5.7.1 will be a complete installation and will prompt for the license key if one hasn't already been entered. All that is necessary is for you to locate and download that final version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@karenb89930436  You may still be lucky to otain v5.7.1 which will be the version in this link from ProDesignTools. Scroll down the linked page until you see 'Adobe Lightroom 5 Direct Download Links)'

https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines