• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Mac crash when importing

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had Lightroom 5 for some years on my Mac. Big Sur v11.3. Having issues with LR5 when importing. Crashes every time. Help needed! 

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer supports LR 5 and 6, so they won't be of any help. Further, you won't be able to reinstall them, since their installers are 32-bit and 10.15 and 11 don't run 32-bit programs, so whatever troubleshooting steps you try, don't try to reinstall LR 5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What form of import? Copy, Copy as DNG, Add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with Lightroom 5, also on Mac OS Big Sur v11.3.1 ... crashes (closes) when importing or syncing photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So basically what I've done is downgraded to macOS Mojave and it works just fine with that software. Big Sur does not support older versions of LR. I guess they're trying to weave out the old stuff. Back up all your data on an external hard drive and do a complete reinstallment of either Catalina or Mojave. I had to call apple support to do that. 

Havent had crashes since. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John Ellis has already responded Lightroom 5 is no longer supported and there will be no updates for the new OS11 or Macs with M1 chips. This is the reality of advancing technology. Exactly the same situation occurred when Apple shifet from Motorola G% chips to Intel chips... 

You will need to look at the options going forward which will be software written specifically for the new chipset... software compatible with Intel chips may or may not work but ones that do work will get fewer and fewer as the OS and chipsets advance....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines