• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Mac OS Mojave

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me whether Lightroom 5 is compatible with the latest Mac OS Mojave?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Lightroom Classic — The desktop-focused app forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightoom 5 is too old for Mojave.   See system requirements.

Lightroom Classic system requirements

Lightroom CC 2015.1/Lightroom 6.1 and earlier versions are supported on Mac OS X v10.8.

Lightroom CC 2015.6.1/Lightroom 6.6.1 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X v10.9.

Lightroom CC 2015.6.12/Lightroom 6.12 and earlier are supported on Mac OS X v10.10.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 5 is not too old for Mojave; I'm running it just fine (along with CC 8.3).

Now the Maps module is toast but due to other issues than the OS.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it works for you.  But Mojave came out long after LR 6 was released.  So it's not mentioned in either the LR 5 or 6 specs as a supported OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because you're both right:

Adobe does not officially support running Lightroom 5 under Mojave, but people are able to run it. But if there are any problems, they won't be fixed because it's unsupported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Conrad+C  wrote

It's because you're both right:

Adobe does not officially support running Lightroom 5 under Mojave, but people are able to run it. But if there are any problems, they won't be fixed because it's unsupported.

Exactly: what Adobe may or may not support, doesn't change the fact that LR 5 does run under Mojave. And or course, it's not supported by Adobe. But Lightroom 5 is not too old for Mojave and is compatible with the latest Mac OS Mojave as asked. Next Mac OS, nope.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next Mac OS, nope.

Lightroom 5 is 64 bit so it should run on macOS Catalina too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Waller  wrote

Next Mac OS, nope.

Lightroom 5 is 64 bit so it should run on macOS Catalina too.

I wouldn't count on that. The licensing code has only recently been updated from 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's going to warn all those LR5 Mac owners before they upgrade?

According to MacRumors, Catalina tells you which apps are defunct after you upgrade

Hands-On With macOS Catalina | MacRumors Forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will put out a tech note once they've been able to test and confirm whether it works or not, and I'll likely upgrade one of my machines a week or two before release too. It'll go in my blog/newsletters as usual, and I'm sure other Lightroom bloggers will do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Victoria+Bampton+LR+Queen  wrote

Adobe will put out a tech note once they've been able to test and confirm whether it works or not, and I'll likely upgrade one of my machines a week or two before release too. It'll go in my blog/newsletters as usual, and I'm sure other Lightroom bloggers will do the same.

Is that correct? I doubt Adobe will do any testing of LR 5 on new operating systems, why would they? It's unsupported software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dj_paige  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Victoria+Bampton+LR+Queen   wrote

Is that correct? I doubt Adobe will do any testing of LR 5 on new operating systems, why would they? It's unsupported software.

They (and I) still fire up briefly, check if it opens and there's anything wildly obvious. If LR6 doesn't work, LR5 won't. You're absolutely right though, there will be no "proper" testing and of course, no updates for things that don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry to be asking something that was probably answered but how can I get ~Lighroom to run on Mojave~?

~Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adinap577553  wrote

Hi, sorry to be asking something that was probably answered but how can I get ~Lighroom to run on Mojave~?

~Thanks

Got an installer? Run it. Just checked again and 5.7.1 does run on Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I have. I still get error 213:10 and I restarted twice and the same thing happens

any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what error 213:10 means; a screen capture might be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-07-30 at 21.29.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appears to be some kind of licensing issue. What are you doing to pop this error? Installing, installed then launching?

Again, I've got LR 5.71 running on the latest version of Mojave; it's certainly possible to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I installed the version Adobe support told me to, and when `I launch it `I get this error. When I contacted them again, they sent me on to this forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error 213:10 means there's a permissions problem.  Your Mac user profile cannot read/write to required file folders.  

See the solutions below.  NOTE: the SLStore and Adobe PCD folders are hidden.  Be sure to show hidden files in Finder.

Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that any time you open a CC product, install a Beta, trial  or a more recent version of an Adobe product, it replaces the preference files and makes other changes to your other Adobe product installs including disabling any perpetual licenses. These are permanent changes that are not easy to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+Leech  wrote

Remember that any time you open a CC product, install a Beta, trial  or a more recent version of an Adobe product, it replaces the preference files and makes other changes to your other Adobe product installs including disabling any perpetual licenses. These are permanent changes that are not easy to fix.

On this end, I'm asked if I want to replace the preference file when uninstalling, OTHERWISE the preference file is kept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I read that, thanks. Which is exactly why I was wondering HOW people

are able to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

I'm glad it works for you.  But Mojave came out long after LR 6 was released.  So it's not mentioned in either the LR 5 or 6 specs as a supported OS. 

Yet it works just fine, expect for Maps. The OP should consider this fact.

I'm not alone either:

Lightroom 5 Mac OS Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines