• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.14 stopped working

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please! Since a few days my legally purchased standalone Ligtroom have stopped working. I bought it as version 6.0 an registered in 2017. I upragraded it later to version 6.14. I haven't, any problems with it for five years. It is on the same laptop, OS Windows 7 Ulimate and installed Lightroom 6.14. Now when I  try to run Ligtroom there is a message "Sign in Required". When I chose "Sign In Now", the next message is "Please connect to the Internet and retry". But I am  surely on line. When I press "Customer Support" there is a message: "Your Adobe serial number has expired or is invalid. Your serial number has expired or was illegally distributed." It's surely not the case becuse there it was a lifetime purchase.There is a message on my Adobe account: You have no activated devices. I would be very gratefull if you be so kind and help me.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one in this community forum can help with expired serial numbers or illegal distributions.

https://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

You will need to Chat with Adobe for a full explanation-

Use a browser that allows popups and cookies and contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

In the chat field (lower right of screen), type AGENT. Be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

As v6.14 is no longer supported by Adobe you may not get any assistance with your problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hint contacting Adobe! I managed to contact them by phone. The Adobe agent verified my Lightroom serial number and confirmed that it is valid for lifetime and Ligtroom should work. He said that the problem is in Windows 7 Ulimate which is no longer supported by Microsoft and not in Adobe. I think it's really strange, because everything worked with no problems and Win7 wasn't upgraded. As I remember  only Mozilla Firefox was upgraded and it happened the day Lightroom refused to run. Also earlier, this day while using Ligtroom the message in Lightroom had appeared - something about, trial version. Unfortunately I don't remmember exactly what it was. Probablly a question if I want a trial version, and I refused. Now, I don't have the possibility to upgrade Win7 to Win 10 becuse my laptop is to old. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now when I try to run Ligtroom there is a message "Sign in Required".

Show us a screen capture of the actual message. Use the "Insert Photos" icon to include your screen capture in your reply. Do NOT attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and after pressing "Sign in now" such a windows apears"screen2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download and install a more recent version of Lightroom Classic as a free trial, or any other Adobe software?

Did you for any reason delete the Adobe Creative Cloud application on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't install recent version of Lightroom Classic. I do not see it in my installed programs  but as I remmemer the day the problem occured, while using Ligtroom the message in Lightroom had appeared - something about, trial version. Unfortunately I don't remmember exactly what it was. Probablly a question if I want a trial version, and as  I remmemer I refused.

As to other Adobe software I checked last instalations and the last update was "Adobe Acrobat Reader - Polish" 21.02.2023. It had been a few days before the problem with Ligtroom occured

As to Adobe Creative Cloud application - I didn't delete it and didn't install it.  I include screen capture from my Adobe account.

screen3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed Lightroom Classic, this is probably why Lr 6 doesn't open.

I think you need to run the Adobe Creative Cloud cleaner tool, then re-install Lr 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect your issue is one that only Adobe will be able to resolve. Best you contact @CMass   in this linked thread https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-activation-or-deactivation-versions-o...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for all of you for hints and help. It was probably TLS issue https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html.

After upgading OS to support TLS 1.2 protocol and a few trials I managed to sign in and run Lihgtroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines