• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV ???

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm completely new in photo software... Will be the old desktop version of LR6 compatible with 5D Mark IV RAWs? (Even with last firmware of 5D Mk IV) I don't need updates every week, so if the old one LR will work with my camera, it will be fine for me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Hello,

I'm completely new in photo software... Will be the old desktop version of LR6 compatible with 5D Mark IV RAWs? (Even with last firmware of 5D Mk IV) I don't need updates every week, so if the old one LR will work with my camera, it will be fine for me.

Thanks

You need Lightroom 6.7 or later. If you are going to purchase LR 6, the update to LR 6.14 is free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, you will not be able to process dual pixel raw images. They will need to be processed with DPP and then converted to TIF images which can then be imported into Lightroom 6.7 or later to be finished. The last Lightroom 6 update was 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I don't need/want to shoot dual pixel RAW, then I will be able to use LR 6.14. Right? I'm not pro. I just purchased 5D Mk IV just for fun and I need some tool for some light corrections of lights, shadows, tones, colors, dehaze... Nothing very special.

But here I see some different versions of needed software for 5D Mk IV, so I'm not sure if LR6 (6,14 if upgrade is still available) will be enough: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your understanding is correct. Lightroom 6 is still available, and the 6.14 update is still available. It seems apparent that you understand that 6.14 is the final update for Lightroom 6 and that there will be no further updates or upgrades for the standalone version. The 6.14 update can be downloaded from the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Just click on the highlighted Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 which you will see part way down the page. It doesn't look like a link, it is just a bolded Line on the page. You only need the one update, as it will be cumulative, Including all previous updates. Note that the update needs to be installed AFTER you install the main Lightroom 6 program installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnwet  wrote

So if I don't need/want to shoot dual pixel RAW, then I will be able to use LR 6.14. Right? I'm not pro. I just purchased 5D Mk IV just for fun and I need some tool for some light corrections of lights, shadows, tones, colors, dehaze... Nothing very special.

But here I see some different versions of needed software for 5D Mk IV, so I'm not sure if LR6 (6,14 if upgrade is still available) will be enough: Cameras supported by Camera Raw

There is no dehaze in Lightroom 6.

I don't see different versions of software shown in that link for a Canon 5D Mark IV, it says clearly you need Lightroom 6.7.

Also, you should know that according to Adobe, Lightroom 6.14 will NEVER be updated, no new features, no bug fixes, no new camera or new lens support. That may or may not be important to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I overlooked that you are looking for dehaze. That tool is not included in Lightroom 6. It was added after Lightroom 6 was released, and new tool features were not included in Lightroom 6, only new camera support. There are some third-party dehaze plug-ins available if you do a web search. I don't know how good they are, but they are available. Also take note that there is no web sharing available with Lightroom 6. I have never used it. I used Lightroom CC 2015 and then transitioned to Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines