• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Cinestyle

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2012 Feb 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently updated my camera to use Cinestyle by technicolor and have had awesome results in the camera. However when i up load the ( low contrast) photos into light room it changes them automatically to a hight contrasted picture. I hate this feature is there any way around it. I want my pictures to be imported as the were shot and i want to edit the contrast back into it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

firstly: huge thanks for your effort to explain all this.

yes.

ok.

thats a reason. moving pictures are recorded already much more compressed than RAWs. 
So the need to think of post in advance is inherent.

Some photographers shooting stills along with log video have asked for camera raw profiles that provide raws with the same initial appearance as the video, so that it is easier for them to adjust the stills and video to have similar looks.  This isn't about providing greater "leeway" in post-processing the raws; rather, it's about making the post-processing easier to get the same looks between stills and video.

Yes! This! Easier and faster (as you can just copy some settings)

And even if youre not shooting the stills along some video, it might be easier to some to wrap their head around only one way of workflow  to get their images the way they want to. AE and Premiere colour correction tabs are not that different from LR and if you "understood" one and keep your incoming material on the same level, you can work on it the same way.

But,

excuse me when i still beg to differ.

PROVINZ_0-1640037524151.png

But regardless of the profile where they start, they can always end up in the same place, since none of the original sensor data has been discarded.

although this only applies to extremes, i can think of Situations where i can not end up in the same place and choosing the initial profile is somewhat important.

For instance: when i push any slider to one of its extreme points -take saturation for example- and then change the initial profile, you can see that there is significant "more" saturation in the profiel AdobeColour vs. AdobeNeutral.

I dont know of a practical usecase of this. This just goes to demonstrate that there is different "leeway" or "latitude" for the developing process with the different initial profiles. Which in turn is also affecting the "sensitivity" or proportion of the sliders for certain changes/ decimal steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines