Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and QR codes...

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gang,

Forever, I've been using a LR plugin from Capture Monkey that would read the QR code in an image, then rename following photos using the data in that QR code.

This made volume photography a breeze.

The plugin is no longer being developed, so I'm searching for a replacement...

There is a TON of intrest in a product like this if someone wants to develop a plugin.  

Anybody know of any alternate solutions?

Rob

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The plugin is no longer being developed, so I'm searching for a replacement..."

Does the plugin (LR Barcodes) no longer run correctly in LR 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still works, but it doesn't work for many people.  I'm luckily one of the ones it's working for.

However, I fear with every Lightroom update I'm going to lose it.  For volume work, it saves me HOURS of time and prevents typos.

I know Tether Tools has Smart Shooter but I think you have to be tethered for it to work.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of other plugins that offer recognition of QR and bar codes.  I'd offer it in my Any Vision plugin, but it relies on Google Cloud Vision, and for some reason QR/bar code recognition is available only to mobile devices, not web-based services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, and one needs to be comfortable in script/command line programming, I found  Zbar code reader that will output the QR code in a file (photo). You could then use that value to rename the files using EXIFTOOL. Here's an example of renaming.

I also found Advanced Renamer which is a GUI tool that could be used but the QR code would have to be manually entered.

I realize that this is outside of LrC but since you were looking for alternate solutions thought this may be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My work has been using this same plugin for years and has basically built their whole back end to funtion with QR codes. mWhen I was hired a couple years ago I warned them about this since the developer last updated the plugin in 2017 or so.  Sadly, It was only a matter of time before it broke. It looks like that time has come. For our staff, it  seems to be working on any computer that had it  instlled alredy. However for any new staff it's not working. I'm afraid to update to the new version of LRC in case that is the problem. I would love any help as well. I'm going to ask our programmer if he can make something. If he can I will gladly update here and point you all to it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. A plugin to read QRCodes and rename files would a real game changer. Please let us know is you come up with anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question has always been why Adobe is ingoring the issue. This subject has come up so many times through out the years. From us in the events photography community, and volume photographers. And adobe has not once address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did you find a solution??   I've only just noticed this is no longer working for me and need a solution FAST!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Jarno is essentially too busy to continue development, and mostly retired (I was discussing RedBlueSwap with him in January), has any of the companies that are so dependent on it considered reaching out to him to commission an updated plugin? 

It's well and good that you're making money, but shouldn't the developer that's at the heart of a process get paid for the work that the company is so reliant on? I don't mean the photographers directly, I mean the company. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While its still working for me (on several machines both new and old) if anyone has his contact details I am sure we could setup a go fund me or something - I am sure people would be happy to contribute there is a reall need for it. I always panic when it doesn't work and invariably find I have selected a raw file for it to process (which of course it wont) and thus it returns and error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Smart Shooter Pro from Tether Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines