Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Arrow Keys for Scrolling Through Images. Press and it keeps scrolling

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've had this on numerous Windows computers and am wondering if its normal behaviour and can it be adjusted.

If I am in Library Mode and I press the right arrow key briefly once it moves to the next image.

If I hold down the right arrow key for a few seconds it could scroll through hundreds of images and you can't stop it until it decides to reach the end. If you hold down the left key while trying to stop what the right key did it will after stopping go forward start shooting backwards at a rate of knots. 

Seems very stupid, I wouldn't mind if it jumped 10 or something but it just goes crazy fast through the images and lifting your finger doesn't stop it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that is an operating system paremeter. Check out the Keyboard settings in the Windows Control Panel. That may help with your issue. I havn't tried it myself.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As @KR Seals explained in his post, the "fix" is to adjust the Control Panel>Keyboard settings. Moving the Repeat Rate slider towards the "Slow" end of the scale should do the trick. But note that the rapid movement through the images when holding down the Forward or Back arrows isn't really changed (that's the way it's supposed to work), but what does change is that with the correct setting the movement through the images stops immediately when you lift your finger off the key, i.e. it doesn't carry on scrolling through the images even after the finger has been lifted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines