Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Catalogue left in an inconsistent state

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

My Lightroom 6.0 on Macbook pro Catalina has an issue with its catalogue being left in an inconsistent state.

After launching an error message pops up ( see picture) and Lightroom stops responding.

In the backup folder, backup catalogues are dated august 2021 and February 2021.

1- Does that mean it's the August catalogue that is left in an inconsistent state or a more recent one that Lightroom is trying to save?

2- Is there a way to repair that faulty catalogue?

(I've tried copying the August backup zip file in a new folder on my desktop and it won't open)

Thank you in advance

IMG_3097.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried copying the August backup zip file in a new folder on my desktop and it won't open

And you unzipped it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I double clicked on Zip file, as far as I'm aware that's how it is unzipped on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1- Does that mean it's the August catalogue that is left in an inconsistent state or a more recent one that Lightroom is trying to save?

Whatever catalog you were trying to open is the one that is in an inconsistent state. It is the catalog named "Lightroom Classic". This message does not refer to backups.

Maybe, maybe not. If Lightroom Classic itself can't repair it, then you probably won't be able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Debs3 wrote:

If you can't, contact Adobe support who may be able to once you send it to them. NO guarantees but they have some tools we don't. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP won't get support from Adobe. "Lightroom 6.0 on Macbook pro Catalina"

Perpetual v6.0 well past 'end-of-life' and not supported.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP might, with the right engineer and a kind word and a bottle of good wine <g>. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP might, with the right engineer and a kind word and a bottle of good wine <g>. 

By @TheDigitalDog

All of which boils down to my original statement: "If Lightroom Classic itself can't repair it, then you probably won't be able to."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there ever a remedy for this?  I'm experiencing this now.  I just want LR back up and running!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom can't repair the catalog, then the chances of getting it repaired are slim. There was a way with SQLite that used to work for me, but it hasn't for a few versions. How big is the zipped version of the catalog? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try unzipping a recent backup and opening that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines