Lightroom causes MacOS to lose SMB connection to Synology NAS

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a recent convert to Mac and have started opening my Windows created catalogues on the MacBook. As this is a recently new resubscription, the lrcat files need upgrading.

As the photo filesystem has changed since my last subscription, I'm forcing LR to Synchronise Folders.Within a few minutes this causes Finder to lose the SMB shares, it moves into a state of "Connecting". I can force a restart on Finder and some times it may eventually come back for a few minutes, maybe not...

LR is the only application causing this issue, I've had the MacBook for a month or so and have never experienced this with anything other than Lightroom - anyone seen this before?

FYI I've confgured Max of SMB3 and Min of SMB2 on the NAS.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a Synology and I recently read this: https://mariushosting.com/connection-problem-between-synology-nas-and-macos-catalina/

I'm not sure what OS you are on but thought this areticle might be helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this, i'll certainly keep this in the bag for later. I found a work around, it was less than ideal but worked.

1) Open the LR Catalogues on the Windows PC (wired to the LAN) and generate sync the catalogue with the file system.

2) Move the catalogue over to the Mac (running Monteray)

It seems ok to sync minor changes, it just seems to lose the plot where lots of photos are concerned.

Many thanks for the feedback.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YW - I think that working with both mac and windows platforms adds a level of complexity. I recently upgraded to a 16" M1 mbp and thought there might be an issue with Monterey and M1 working with my Synology. The Time Machine backup took a couple of days to get sorted out but I left it plugged in so it could run uninterrupted and all connections are back online and working as before. If you keep the connections from going to sleep that may help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines