• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC CPU Usage Huge Spike

Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running Lightroom CC 2015.8.  Out of nowhere, when I go into the develop module, the CPU usage is spiking to over 300% and editing basically becomes too slow to do anything.  I do not know what happened, this seems to have happened randomly.  I have restarted my machine and CPU continues to spike.

Does anybody have any idea what could have caused this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Try switching the setting on "Use Graphics Processor" under Preferences in the Performance tab.

Also, did these photos havea lot of brushing or spot healing applied previously in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are performing a lot of brushing and/or spot healing, that could be the cause. Are you doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.  as soon as i enter the develop module, its cpu usage just spikes.  I don't know what could possibly be causing this.

I am a fairly advanced user and this has never happened before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching the setting on "Use Graphics Processor" under Preferences in the Performance tab.

Also, did these photos havea lot of brushing or spot healing applied previously in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this on newer version . I partially solvedit by turning off some of the preview settings,turning off GPU,Tturning off enable hover preview all in the performance tab.urning off Generate previews in Parallel . I also purged the two caches video and photos andmade thembigger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, post your problem as your own . The above post is six years old on a very old version, things change drastically.

When you do, please include your system info as LrC reports it. Following is a SOP on how to do that

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok understood I onluy saw the date after I replied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines