• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc does not import all files from SD card

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am terribly frustrated.  Upon import into different folders in my lightroom catalogue some do not import.  I usually don't know this until after my SD card is already formatted.  Can you tell me why this could be happening.  It doesn't happen every import.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera?

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Which exact, number version of Lightroom?

Are you using a card reader or directly connecting the camera? (Card reader is much better.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joe.  I use a Canon 5D sr and a mac running version 2015.10 release

I am connecting through a card reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it that LR is not popping up any message about not being able to import some files (followed by the list of files)?

Is the problem that the files are not imported at all, or that the files are imported into the catalog but not found on the hard drive?

Are all the files shot on the same day?

(LR likes to separate the files by date on your hard drive.)

Are any grayed out in the Import dialog suggesting that LR thinks they are already imported?

You are always doing a "copy" or "copy as DNG" at the top of the Import dialog, right?

Using Finder, check the rights on the hard drive, and each of the folders and subfolders storing the files. Make sure you have READ and WRITE access for your username.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again!

LR does not pop up any message that the files have not been imported.  They are not imported at all.  I import directly from the camera card right into my lightroom catalogue as opposed to a file on my desktop etc.

The files are shot in succession.  I see them on my camera card as I scan through them on my camera, but then some random files do not get into my LR catalogue and I don't find out until it is too late and I have already formatted my card

Nothing is greyed out.  Yes... Copy

I have used the finder to check my entire computer for the missing files but nothing.... Its a mystery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify some potential misunderstandings....

Your image files are not "in" the LR catalog. Your pictures are on the hard drive, just like your spreadsheets and documents. The catalog just references your pictures by path and filename.

The Folder panel in the LR Library module will show you where LR thinks your files are. You should confirm this using Mac's Finder.

After you import the files into the catalog and copy them to your hard drive, do you format the card so that it is empty?

Do you directly connect the camera to the computer, do you use a card reader? (Using a card reader is better.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have clarified.  Yes, the images are in a folder on my harddrive, and the finder cannot find the image files I am seeking.  The ones that should be beside the files I do see.  I always use a card reader to attach to the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But following my theory that you did something accidentally and don't realize it, it wouldn't hurt to see if the photos are somewhere else. You can do this in Finder by using the search feature to search all hard disks for one of these missing photos by file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a crazy thought, a wild guess. I have been in a couple of conversations in this forum where people have accidentally stacked their photos and didn't realize it. So, try this: use the menu command Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks, and then search for one of the photos that you think weren't imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much... NO go unfortunately   Good try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, scratch that theory.

Has this happened once, or more than once? If more than once, I would start suspecting perhaps a card-reader malfunction (or malfunction of the USB port/USB cable if there is one involved hooking up the card reader). You can try a different card-reader, or temporarily try using the USB cable that came with the camera to import your photos and see if the problem goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a nearly identical issue:

If I shoot on my Olympus, Nikon or DJI Mavic Pro, from time to time, photos from a particular day / shoot are not seen by the importation screen.  Some photos from different days DO show up for import, but the photos from some days simply are not seen by LR (cc Classic for Mac - latest version).  This happens across computers (I have LR installed on a laptop and desktop).

If I eject the card and re-launch the card, SOMETIMEs, but not always, do the images show up...

If they ARE seen, then they can be imported, but if the are NOT seen, they do not get imported during a standard card import.  Like someone else on this thread, it has caused me to lose work from time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StevenLabkoff​

There is another recent thread on this issue. The synopsis: it is a bug, you should report it to Adobe.

Lightroom Not Importing All Photos From "Device"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had this problem. I just switched to Mac, and I never had the issue on Windows. My import process is exactly the same as it used to be. To clear up some things, when I realize that not all the files were imported, I take out and put back the SD card. Then I import again and it gets the rest of the files. So it's not an issue with stacks, file destinations, card formatting, etc. LR simply doesn't get all the files the first time. Version 12.1, Camera Raw 15.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines