• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc no sync icon on collections

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I sync to lightroom mobile if there is no sync icon on collections?  I followed this instructions:  Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Syncing Lightroom - Desktop and the mobile app   Right click or creating a new collection doesn't offer a sync option either.    I'm signed on on my Preferences > Lightroom Mobile and also within Lightroom itself.  All I get is "waiting for connection"  Even if I managed to connect, there's nothing to sync since I can't tell Lightroom which photos to sync. 

Are there different instructions when using Lightroom for OS X (Yosemite 10.10.3)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Issue solved, finally!!  I read yesterday that the latest upgraded had addresses the "waiting for connection" issue.  Just update it Lightroom and it is working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANSWER: Here is how SYNC WITH LIGHTROOM MOBILE works:

1. The SYNC WITH LIGHTROOM MOBILE option is only available when creating regular collections (and you have sync turned on). It is not available for Smart Collections or Collection sets. This is because SMART collections (or Collection Sets) can change frequently/rapidly, so they do not want the network traffic (i.e. 100 new images get pulled into a SMART collection during import and would require syncing each one to mobile accidentally). 

2. It is only available for images with SMARTPreviews.

So, if you want it to "sync with Lightroom mobile' for SMART collections, then 'create a collection' (i.e. a regular collection) from 'selected' images inside a SMART collection and sync that NEW collection. (Make sure they have SMART Previews)

Adobe tech support is terrible and they do not know the products!  If Support ever tells you to "reinstall" anything - that only means that they do not know the product and they do not understand your specific issue - There are only very few times when a re-install is needed (certainly for Mac users)  (i.e. if an install fails) - otherwise keep searching the internet for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was solved with the last update to Lightroom CC.  It was a bug, not a problem with not setting up a smart collection.  AFAIK you don't need SMARTpreviews to sync to LRM.   I don't have it on and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clarification  - LR SYNC works "BEST" with SMART Previews. You do not want to sync 1:1 previews or the RAW files or else you will consume your bandwidth and mobile device space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extremekc512 wrote:

Clarification  - LR SYNC works "BEST" with SMART Previews. You do not want to sync 1:1 previews or the RAW files or else you will consume your bandwidth and mobile device space.

LR Mobile only works with smart previews. If thru have nit been rendered they will be in the background with syncing. Lr will not upload 1:1 previews or raw files....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - That's what I thought, and that's what I originally posted (My mistake for listening to gypsytan )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.  If you're correct LR will not upload raw files, then why are all my LRM photos showing the .CR2 raw extension for my Canon or .ORF for my Olympus camera?  Confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it us using smart previews, Lightroom always displays the file name

as on disk not preview names...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.  So that means that it creates the smart previous automatically, as I haven't created any.  My import settings are set to not create smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct as I stated above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get any of these items to sync and do not see any of your options that any of you state or even mention. I am very frustrated with Light Room and the Sync setup. It was easier before with older versions. IT is almost like there is a secret language in how to use this stuff. I had no problem Syncing a catalog before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all feel your pain - Lightroom, unfortunately, has created it owns "special environment" (It's hard to call it a UX) which is a blend of right clicks, navigational bits and icons (and the use of historical menus as a last resort) that make sense to very few. Even at Adobe, I bet the Developers/Program Managers only know "their feature", but not the big picture (Think "one-off" Excel Ribbons). As a result, new features (i.e. Sync with Mobile) get bolted onto the "environment" as bits and pieces - and we are expected to "figure it out". (hint: It is linked to one of the 5 types of "Previews"). It's kind of like Dungeons and Dragons - except this is a professional environment and we are trying to get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would offer assistance, but I doubt I could re-create the steps required to get it working. I had sync working (after many struggles), but when I got in today, all of my "Sync'ed" collections were empty (0), while all of my other collections are fine. I have no idea why, so I need to go figure it out now. $$$

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found the solution. Have Lightroom CC running on a Mac El Capitan. Went into CC/Preferences/Files and turned on Sync. Re-opened Lightroom CC, it stated only works with one catalogue at a time, selected the new opened catalogue (I must have had and older catalogue somewhere I don't use anymore) and voila, sync option appears. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you GarryZM‌  This solved my problem after 2 hours trying to fix it.  Much appreciated!

Also a step that may be missed by some is that you have to click on your nameplate, (there is a little arrow there) and a menu will pop up, you need to tell it to start syncing with lightroom mobile.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same trouble here and nothing I tried solved the problem : deleting cloud files, signing off and on in CC application...

I'll end up calling *again* adobe support, that will be the second time in 3 months. It's disappointing considering how much money Adobe makes out of CC subscriptions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this issue on and off for years. The one method that seems to work the most consistently is if I shut down Lightroom and restart the computer and then open Lightroom again.  Sometimes I even have to do it multiple times.  I would love to find a more permanent solution and so I keep checking every time it happens but once again, No great permanant fixes in my opinion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines