• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't import images

Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to lightroom CC from lightroom 5 and it won't import my images.  It shows a preview of them, but when I click import is says "importing images" but it never does and just sits like that.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

HI everyone,

Sorry for the import issues with Lightroom, please check this thread and follow the instructions - Lightoom 6.3: After update I can't open any video files

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 216 Replies 216
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens in v6.3 or whatever that correlates to in the CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI everyone,

Sorry for the import issues with Lightroom, please check this thread and follow the instructions - Lightoom 6.3: After update I can't open any video files

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did indeed fix it for me! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the video dll update did fix the import problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue (Mac, El Capitan, LRCC). Tried all the fixes. Sometimes works when I move the RAWs to a temp folder and import from my hard drive after a restart, sometimes pulls them from a card, but I spent 2 hours trying to move 45 photos. It is inconsistent. Also-I have to Force Quit LR every time I do a restart. Boo Lightroom. I'm done. I am downloading CaptureOne, tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2016 Jan 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue would mean you are trying to import a still file that is in the same folder as a video file. The video could also be in a subfolder of the folder with your still images. If you are having that problem the fix is either don't do that or patch the files that as Adobe posted. If that is not working for you then you are having a different problem. Can you double check and explain your whole situation a bit better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - even from different cameras with different SD cards. Here's the message I get.Screen Shot 2016-01-23 at 1.07.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you want to import... GO TO  "File"..."Import photos and videos"... BEFORE you pick a folder...look to the right and go to file handling....  UNCHECK  Don't Import Suspected Duplicates.

Then pick the folder or file you want to import.

TADA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are killing me. Did you not read any of the thread? You are not having the same problem at all. Looks like the post after yours solved it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. Does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it looks like corrupted files. I'd suggest you find a relevant thread or start a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was .MOV files in my folder - removed them and all worked. Adobe need to sort this bug out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been sorted in LR 2015.4 update.

Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with multiple computers at the school I teach at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I believe I have the same issue.

I have the latest version of Adobe Lightroom CC

2016-03-02_15-30-17.png

I am using MacBook Air with the following configuration:

2016-03-02_15-31-41.png

When I click Import I cannot see any pictures from anywhere.

It doesnt matter if it is external/internal drive or sd card from my cameras.

2016-03-02_15-27-22.png

I already searched for XMP and MOV files and there are any in the selected folder.

Tried with a new catalog - not working

Tried with uninstalling/installing (keeping settings) - not working

Rebooting the system - not working

Unchecked "Dont import suspected duplicates" - not working

I am on a hurry to process and deliver some pictures so any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I started on sunday 5/3-2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

I was having problems with video, that was causing my import issues. By moving video files before the import it worked.

This fixed the video issue. Not sure if it will resolve other issues in the the thread!

Error "Sequencer defunct" when using video file related functions‌

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, have tried all the suggestions in this post.  Is anyone from Adobe actually going to investigate this and provide a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine was working fine until I updated to 2015.5! Thought it was my PC problem and have been trying ways, including un-install, wiping the LR folder and reinstall, wasted so much time and nothing worked. Adobe! please be responsible, every month you are collecting our money and you just hide somewhere, leaving us all dangling with this unnecessary problem, not, if you have made sure you have done proper testing before releasing the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant import any DNG files on the most current Lightroom.

I wished Apple never quite Aperture! Lightroom is very unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me currently imported, but not showed total images count in parent dirs:

lr_bug_1.png

Also, when I try to sync folder (Photos Cloud), I see import dialog with 688 new photos (total for this folder and subfolders), but synchronize do not add anything new.

Macbook Pro, El Capitan (10.11.6),

Lightroom version: CC 2015.7 [ 1090788 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you guys also making the upload to a NAS? I just found out that the Lightroom folder disappears after approx. 3 min when Lightroom is started. Sometimes the Lightroom folder shows up for a second and disappears again. This phenomena starts only after I opened Lightroom. The other files appear all the time. Logged in to the NAS the folder is there but the connection seems to be lost via finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fount the problem on my iMac and MacBook! I used to connect to the NAS via AFP. Since I changed the connection to SMB all the problems are gone! Seems that the AFP is faulty.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so anyway

this issue apparently has been going on for YEARS  and adobe still has not solved it to anybody's satisfaction

so, after having bought an external card reader, and now I can upload the picture into lightroom again, and uploading the cellphone pics onto creative cloud first, and then into lightroom

I AM BEYOND frustrated that ADOBE plays these games with the photo community

the problem is as old as it could be, the solution is as complicated and cumbersome as going back a decade

but the money we pay is today's value

so PLEASE and once for all, get this done for all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines