• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom change my flat profile automatically

Enthusiast ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all. I have many flat footage from my nikon d7200. Everytime i import this flat raw footage to Lightroom, the images become 'netral image' automatically, not flat image. Is it normal??

Thank.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

I did download a couple of sample Nikon D7200 RAW image files and tested.

Lightroom Classic 11.1 does have 31 Camera Matching profiles for your Camera Model in their Profile browser including the Flat Profile you mention. You can therefore select that in your default develop preset, which is described in the link that I provided. You can also go to the Profile Browser after import and apply the Flat Profile.

The Camera Matching Profiles are created by Adobe to match the Nikon Profile which are p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

You are seeing, in Library, a JPG representation of the photo which the camera saved into the Raw file at time of capture (alongside the Raw data itself) - according to however you had set the camera.

And Lightroom Classic extracted and showed this initially, because no preview of its own had (as yet) been generated.

When you switch into Develop, and in due course within Library too, LrC shows a live working preview reflecting its conversion from the Raw data proper - disregarding from now on th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following information, full actual version number of the Lightroom application you are using an also for your computer operating system.

When you import raw image files Lightroom will apply the Default Develop Setting you have setup in your preferences. Lightroom cannot apply the special settings you have chosen in your Camera. Provide more info on the procedure you adopted.

See if the info in the link below provides the info to assist.

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/02/how-to-customize-lightroom-classics-default-develop-settings-v9.html

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did download a couple of sample Nikon D7200 RAW image files and tested.

Lightroom Classic 11.1 does have 31 Camera Matching profiles for your Camera Model in their Profile browser including the Flat Profile you mention. You can therefore select that in your default develop preset, which is described in the link that I provided. You can also go to the Profile Browser after import and apply the Flat Profile.

The Camera Matching Profiles are created by Adobe to match the Nikon Profile which are proprietary to Nikon.

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 12.31.00 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @DdeGannes ,

I have CPU Rayzen 7, Nvidea GTX 1650, SSD 1TB, RAM 16Gb

When i open in "Library Tab", the color is flat.

lr1.jpg

But when i open in "Develop Tab", it automatically change the color to something like normal

lr2.jpg

Is it normal? i want to disaable this "automatic" change. How to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are seeing, in Library, a JPG representation of the photo which the camera saved into the Raw file at time of capture (alongside the Raw data itself) - according to however you had set the camera.

And Lightroom Classic extracted and showed this initially, because no preview of its own had (as yet) been generated.

When you switch into Develop, and in due course within Library too, LrC shows a live working preview reflecting its conversion from the Raw data proper - disregarding from now on the static camera JPG preview from - and remaining inside - the Raw file.

This LrC generated preview is made however you have told Lightroom to do it. Not according to however you had set the camera. So in order to change what is seen in Develop, different instructions have to be given to LrC - as explained in other posts. There can be changed general defaults for all cameras' Raw files - or a camera specific override can be set overriding the general - also a particular preset can be chosen to affect initial processing of a particular import of photos, or applied subsequently.

If that preset includes the selection of a given profile (e.g. "Flat") then this will be applied, however as "Flat" is camera-model-specific such a selection may not be available, or may be inappropriate, for Raw photos taken by another camera model that you may import.

Also of course, Raw processing aspects such as camera profile will be inapplicable when importing camera JPGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Richard, for the informative and relevant post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks @richardplondon 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you want the flat profile, or whatever profile you have selected in the camera, automatically applied, then you need to go through the process of properly setting up your own defaults settings in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-raw-defaults.html

The process is the same in either ACR shown above or Lightroom Classic; setting up a default profile for a specific camera.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines