We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Copy link to clipboard
I have updated my macbook pro to Big Sur and LrC will not open (before the Big Sur update, lightroom started to not open frequently and so I updated thinking it was my mac software being an issue).
Howeer, after updating, everytime I click on the app it freezes and I have to "force quit" and even that sometimes doesn't work and I have to restart my computer. This has been happening for days with no success of opening lightroom. My LrC is up to date at 10.2. so "should be" compatible according to everything I'm reading. Beyond frustrated at this point. Anyone have this happen and find a way to fix it?
Copy link to clipboard
We're sorry about the trouble while trying to launch Lightroom Classic on your Mac. Please check if Lightroom Classic has the required permissions by following the steps mentioned below:
1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.
2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.
3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.
4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.
5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.
If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e
Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.
Let us know how it goes!
I have the same problem, I did the authorisations :
- granted access to Lightroom Classic under Accessibility permissions
- granted acces to Lightroom Classic under Full disk permissions
I restarted the computer as instructed.
Unfortunately the problem persists.When I launch LrC the licle colored circle keeps turning and the only way I can close LrC is by going through a Force Quit.
I have not tried yet resetting the prefrences of lightroom because you said I need to back up the presets before doing it, and I don't know how.
I would really apreciate your help on this!
Your presets will be in your Lightroom Settings folder and will not be removed when you reset your preferences you will need to re-add them. Have you tried to completely sign out of your creative cloud account (different than quitting) shutting down Lightroom and rebooting your computer? Log back into Creative Cloud account and then Lightroom. Try that before resetting your preferences.
Thank you for our support.
it seems to work more often than before though sometimes 1 out of 3 times) LrC still freezes at opening.
I will keep on using it over the next few dayss and let you know if it gets better or worse.
I mean after signing out of Creative Cloud and restarting the computer.
1) In my experience- In a 'slow' computer system (eg. my windows laptop with 8Gb RAM) if you click the mouse anywhere on the Lr-Classic interface BEFORE it has fully loaded all the Previews, etc, then it may go into the "Not Responding" mode. I always wait until the screen shows all Folders, and files, and an image histogram, before attempting anything.
Refreshing the Previews can be helpful in some circumstances. PREVIEW CACHE ERRORS
2) If you see an error message like "open in another application"- This indicates there is a remnant .LOCK file that prevents the catalog from opening. LOCK FILE DELETION - LR-CLASSIC
Thank you for your support Rob.
Indeed my Macbook is from 2015 though it runs on Big Sur, I guess it stretches its system when working with LrC.
I tried it again a couple of times and it seems that if I give LrC some time, then all opens.
macOS Big Sur 11.5.2, Photoshop 22.5, LrC 10.4, Lightroom 4.4, Nikon DSLR