Copied

System Info: 

OSX 11.5.2

iMac Retina 5k 27-inch Late 2015

4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

32GB 1867MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4GB

LR v10.3

While using Lightroom Classic, the program experiences a severe memory leak. It utilizes approximately 4GB of RAM upon startup, which steadily climbs during use. Doing any task in LR causes the RAM usage to increase, and it then stays at that level. Even doing no tasks in LR causes the RAM usage to climb, though it is slower. This continues until I restart LR.

It is currently sitting at 18.18GB of RAM (but only 2.5% CPU usage) while idle. It has since jumped to 18.99GB while I typed this sentence.

It must be restarted multiple times a day to function. 

This has been going on for multiple versions (as long as I can remember). 

I have deleted preferences and toggled GPU acceleration, neither with any result.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This continues until I restart LR.

Do you turn your computer off when finished for the day?

If not, does shutting the computer completely off, then restarting clear up the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach a screenshot of your Sytem Info as shown in below example. You can find it listed under Help > System Info. You need only capture the info down to Config.lua Flags

Untitled-1.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD , unfortunately that does not help. I typically leave my computer on for days at a time but a power cycle (complete shut down, then turn back on) doesn't remedy the problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-3.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, posted a screenshot with my name and email. Would prefer to retry that but am unable to edit the post (that's a silly "feature" of this forum).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, posted a screenshot with my name and email. Would prefer to retry that but am unable to edit the post (that's a silly "feature" of this forum).

No More button? Did you previously have access to the More button? The edit privilege is somehow limited to members with a poorly defined mix of activity in the community, postings, reply's, accepted solutions, etc.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/edit-forum-post-still-not-fixed/m-p/1...

If you could edit, then in LrC after you click on help, after you click on system info, then click on copy. paste that in reply, but cut out the info after plugins

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, sign out of the community, sign back in, maybe something was changed in the meantime.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No "More" button. I saw that thread while trying to figure out how to edit. Oh well, maybe a mod will help out?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed your personal details and uploaded the modified screenshot.

Getting back to your memory issue.

There's nothing that I can see in System Info that I know to be an issue, although temporily disabling the Midi device (Loupdeck?) would be worth trying as it may cause higher than base initial memory use at launch. Memory climbing and staying high, especially in the Develop module isn't unusual. Local adjustments, spot healing and even louping from image to image will all cause the memory use to increase. Typically, it will drop back a bit when you switch to the Library module. It should drop back a lot when you close LrC. That being said, if you're seeing 'red' in graph and 70% plus memory pressure in Activity Monitor Memory panel when using LrC, then that would be worrying.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response @Ian Lyons . 

So I'm trying to check now if switching to Library will free up memory that is built up (for lack of a better term) during Developing. I just pulled up System Info and I noticed there's a large discrepancy in what is being reported there vs. what is being reported by OSX Activity Monitor. 

I'm currently seeing 14.8GB reported in by the OS and 4.4GB reported by LRC. Any ideas as to what could be causing that discrepancy? I'm sure that Activity Monitor isn't frozen, as the number is constantly updating. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 4.00.34 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines