• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10 not installing via CC either

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Wonder if anyone can tell why can't I install Lightroom 10.2 on my Mac? I cannot install it via Creative Cloud either because that app says about Lightroom v9.3 that it is "up to date" which obviously cannot be true and there is no any other option to upgrade or install. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log out of CC, then back in again, that often fixes the issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. I forgot to mention that I have already tried that. Severel times and no result. Still shows that v9.3 is the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that whatever hardware and OS version that you are using doesn't meet the system requirements for version 10.2. Have you checked them? The CC app won't let you install the latest version if the system doesn't meet the requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Jim. This is an iMac Retina 5K, 2020 (3.6GHz 10 core i9) with 128GB RAM, with a video card ADM Radeon Pro 57700 XT 16 GB and the OS is macOS Big Sur 11.4 (this is the latest). So, I guess this should meet the requirements.

Sure, it still might be something on my side but I have no clue what that could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the next thing to check is the Creative Cloud version number. I'm not at my Mac just now, but on Windows the current version is 4.3.0.256, so I'd expect the Mac version should be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they actually gives different version number for mac. And it is 5.4.5.550

I checked and this is the latest. It updated itself because that box is checked in Preferences.

So, I am just totally frozen at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in Creative Cloud, you go to Lightroom Classic and click on the three dots (...), Other Versions, what shows up there that you can select? 

OtherVersions.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I already tried the 3 dots.

This is what I can see there:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 17.28.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Krisztian5C12 wrote:

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I already tried the 3 dots.

This is what I can see there:

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 17.28.06.png

So odd that you don't see anything past 9.3. 

So you're up to date with your subscription right? 

You should see 9.4, then 10 etc. 

What if you go to your actual account on the web. Click on the account icon, last one, upper right of the UI, it should show you your current status like this:

account.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you have tried Help>Check for Updates in the Creative Cloud app? If you haven't, then obviously you should try that.

Assuming yiou have done that with no effect, the only thing I can suggest would be to use the Creative Cloud app to uninstall Lightroom Classic, then run the Check for Updates command in the CC app again. That should give you an "Install" uption for LrC, try that to see what version actually gets downloaded and installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for still being with me. Yes, I tried the 'check for updates'. No effect.

Thank you for this uninstall tip,  I will try this re-install thing you recommended and will let you know the "intriguing" result... Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like you have attempted most of the possible solutions in the following link, but, perhaps #4, or #5?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

hmm, and #6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines