• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 12.3 crashing at start up

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LCR crashes upon start up/splash screen. I attempted to troubleshoot with others posts here related to this issue at no avail. I currently reverted back to 12.2.1 and have no issues with previous version. Any suggestions on work arounds for this crashing issue? I have reported issue from the dialogue pop up box. 

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M1
Init State: GPU for Display supported by default
User Preference: Auto

MacBook Air
M1, 2020
Chip Apple M1
Memory 8 GB
Startup disk Macintosh HD
macOS 13.3.1 (22E261)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We’ve reviewed the email address you use with this forum and find no crash reports in our system.

Did you see a crash dialog?

Do you use a different email address when filling out the crash report?

Was the crash dialog Adobe’s?  Apple’s?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I immediatelly get an option to send report and an option to see details and reopen. I have 2 emails: onebreathyesi@gmail.com and yesaira.rivera@gmail.com. However both apple and adobe are registered under yesaira.rivera@gmail.com I added a screen snip of the box I am getting, looks like the dialog is from Apple.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 1.08.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an Apple dialog - correct. That means I will not find a crash report on Adobe's systems. Have you tried Apple's support for parsing your crash?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted apple care and took us 2 days to troubleshoot multiple things. We ended up erasing my entire computer and intalled macOS as a new computer set up. This did allow me to succesfully install and launch LRC newest version. I originally had saved my recent catalogs on my external hard drive, when I try to open any of the catalogs I had saved, LRC says it's corrupted, I let it do the repair and it freezes the entire application. When I force quit I see it does create a 'repaired catalog' but when I attempt to open this one it says the same thing, that catalog is corrupted and options to open a different one. Should I start a new post related to this catalog issue or is this something you can help with? I reviewed and follow steps from:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-corrupt-catalog.html

and was not able to recover catalog 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue on MBP Apple M1MAX 64GB with MAC OS 13.4. I've had to roll back to a previous version of LRC and that worked fine. No crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines