• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - Adobe Application Manager is missing or damaged.

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have bought a Lightroom Classic. On start is shows this dialog:  Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 11.33.10.png

Lightroom quits/crash on startup. Before installing Creative Clouds runs a bit longer (few minutes).

Installation of Creative Cloud doesn't help.

Screenshot 2021-09-20 at 11.37.36.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a very old version of Lightroom 2015? Where did you purchase, are you paying an annual or monthly subscription?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom 2015 was the latest version that could be bought as a program forever - without subscription. 

No, no subscription. But it works good for me for years - I don't need new functionality. But I'm really sad that it stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What MACOS do you have?

Catalina and newer will not allow that 32bit installer to run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The perpetual license version of Lightroom 2015 was known as Lightroom 6.

Not Lightroom Classic, which is the successor to this version now only available via subscription.

I recall there is an option to switch Lightroom 2015 to Lightroom 6 by utilizing your license key. I do not remember the location but it should be in the menu somewhere.

Are you trying to reinstall on a new or reconditioned unit?

The screen capture shows you have the latest version installed 2015.14 is 6.14.

One is a subscription the other perpetual license key.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the link to an earlier thread. See if it helps.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/switch-back-to-lightroom-6-2015-version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly I can't reinstall it. The LR 6 installer is a 32-bit program, and BigSur no longer run 32-bit programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash is probably casused by the expiration of a license Adobe took from a 3rd party for facial recognition 😞

https://feedback-readonly.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-version-6-... 

It is poor Adobe company behaviour ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verified. When I change date to 14.12.2018 the Lightroom starts and works. The date can be changed back after application is started.

It is definitelly bug or planned crash ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok good to hear you have it working again, on another note is the “face recognition” also working again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face recognition is not probably working ... the process hasn't started yet. But at least don't crash on start so I can access my thousands photos ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point, now that Lightroom appears to at least start, can you post the exact Adobe program name and version? Best obtained from Lightroom, by clicking on Help, then System Info. Heck, while you are at it, perhaps you can paste in the first 12 lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines