• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic catalog damaged

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have a (i think) a major issue with my (all 2021 photos) .lrcat file, i've trying to repair it but i cant, i just download a backup thats barely works, but i cant export folders to create another catalog, neither can import new photos, like i said, this damn catalogue have all my 2021 photos, the last error message was: "lightroom_fatal_sqlite_corruption", i've try to repair it with sqlite3 tools but it doesn't work. Please somebody help me!

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try obtaining a fresh new copy of the backup you mentioned, and place it on a different disk and see if it will open and work properly.

Where was this backup located? Was it in "the cloud" or was it on a different disk than the original catalog file, or on the same disk as the catalog file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the only copy that i have, i downloaded it from dropbox, it is working but sudenly shuts down when i try to export folders to catalog, for instance, and when lightroom starts again, and tries to repair it, tells me its damaged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, download it again and place it on a different disk, and see if it works properly.

Although, my understanding of DropBox is that it contains a mirror of the corrupted catalog, so that may not work. However, DropBox does maintain earlier versions of the file which may not be corrupted. You will likely need to find the earlier versions of this file that DropBox maintains, download those, place them on a different disk and see if they work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my fortune, and thanks to dropbox, I was able to download a previous version of the damaged file, hopefully there is another solution for those who do not use dropbox, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an FYI:

It is possible, perhaps likely, that the cause of the corruption was due to the live catalog being stored on Dropbox.  Storing a catalog in a shared directory is a recipe for corruption - particularly if more than one computer accesses the catalog. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been used dropbox to work with my catalogs since, i don't know, 6 years, and this is the first time i have this particular problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with @Rikk Flohr: Photography that storing a catalog in a shared directory can be problematic, and if I were you, I would either make regular and automated backups stored in a non-shared directory (which you don't seem to have). My opinion: Just because it happened one time in six years doesn't mean you should be living with that risk; your photos and work need better protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines