• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 update crashes all the time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  big problem with the new update of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and it is crashing a lot. It has crashed when I used the Profiles browser and also when I used ordinary presets. I´m not doing anything else with LR but with this new version seems very unstable, the 7.2 was very stable. I have checked so I dont have GPU acceleration on plus I have updated with the latest graphicscard drivers.

One other problem is with the converted development presets is rearranged in a total chaos order. I can not find any logic behind how it is organized. Is there a easy way to have it back in the order I hade it version 7.2. In the filesystem it looks ok but LR is doing something else.

Br

Mats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 200 Replies 200
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kenz2692812 << Dude, you a mofo legend!!! Your fix worked like a charm and now my 7.3 is running flawless so thumbs up for sharing this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any folder labeled "Crash Reporter."Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 4.29.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm able to use Lightroom Classic for a while, but then I get a application hang. After restarting the app, it will again allow me to use it for a while before another hang.  I'm running on Windows 7.  I hope you guys can find a fix for this soon. It is a very annoying problem.

Here's the info I see in the Event Viewer:

The program Lightroom.exe version 7.3.0.10 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: d24

Start Time: 01d3cd2c7ca61a68

Termination Time: 410

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Lightroom.exe

Report Id: 22b9bc25-3a93-11e8-a536-240a64dec601

The Event Viewer's "Details" tab shows this:

-System

-Provider

[ Name] Application Hang
-EventID1002
[ Qualifiers] 0
Level2
Task101
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2018-04-07T18:40:33.000000000Z
EventRecordID192202
ChannelApplication
ComputerMike-PC2014
Security
-EventData

Lightroom.exe
d24
01d3cd2c7ca61a68
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Lightroom.exe
22b9bc25-3a93-11e8-a536-240a64dec601
55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Binary data:

In Words

0000: 006E0055 006E006B 0077006F 0000006E
0008: 0000 

In Bytes

0000: 55 00 6E 00 6B 00 6E 00 U.n.k.n.
0008: 6F 00 77 00 6E 00 00 00 o.w.n...
0010: 00 00 ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to turn off the grid previews on the profiles? When i change mine to list view without previews then lightroom seems to be working without crashing and when i turn the profile previews on then it starts to crash after a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faulting application name: Lightroom.exe, version: 7.3.0.10, time stamp: 0x5abd335f

Faulting module name: Import.lrmodule, version: 7.3.0.10, time stamp: 0x5abd3272

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000000db6e

Faulting process id: 0x3d14

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3cf4f4ddfb75b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Lightroom.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC\Import.lrmodule

Report Id: 444cc4b0-59c6-48f0-ba47-b8b901865c08

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The damn thing crashes every time I remove a memory card. Never had this before. What is going on!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and did a new install of 7.3. I get an error message about loading modules. Then library module looks ok. Change to develop and everything is greyed out.

Same on my laptop - 7.3 is a flawed update. Needs fixing ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same here on an imac. it's in a shockingly bad state. have already rolled back to 7.2 once and tried again. Think I'll give up and wait for 7.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine crashes (hangs, actually) when it's sitting in the background on Windows 10.  When I restarted, it was hanging within a few minutes of use.  Then I then did a optimize, and backup, and exited.  That worked for a while.  But it was sitting in the background again today and hung.

I turned off the option to use my GPU too, since some people were reporting problems with that, but it didn't help.

How do we go back to 7.2? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"How do we go back to 7.2?"

Find the "Adobe Creative Cloud" application on your computer, go to "apps" in the menu, click arrow to the far right of "Lightroom Classic CC" and choose "Other versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click on the arrow on the right of Lightroom Classic CC and the only choices are View tutorials and Uninstall.

So I uninstalled, and then LR Classic CC entry was only found in the Trial Area, and there the only two choices were learn more or buy more.  So I clicked Try and it installed the latest abomination again.

But, with my GPU still turned off, I've been able to use it by making sure I don't leave it in the background running for any length of time while I do other things.  I was using it last night for a while without any crashes, with it mostly in the foreground.  Not that it doesn't ever crash in the foreground because it did that to me once yesterday earlier in the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem in WINDOWS 10 when it idles, i go back to it and i get a blue circle, i have to end the task on it to et it start back up

anyone having any success with a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 7.3 gets basically a black screen and app not responding.  Have to kill the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update, next to Soft Proofing, a circle in motion appears. When hovering over it, it shows - 'GPU RENDERING'

I have never seen this in previous version

How can I get rid of it ?

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 11.39.28 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reverted back to LR Classic version 7.2 for now.

Here is a screen shot of my computer system and the website below for the system requirements to run Lightroom Classic

Please advise if my system will accommodate the latest upgrade 7.3

graphic card.png

Lightroom Classic CC system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem,
my system : Windows 8.1 pro

I just wanna open A7III Raw but now I have to revert to 7.2
Pls kindly fix asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with Lr Classic 7.3. Ramdom crashing, each crash is in different situations. It seems to be a problem with the GPU. Sometimes it makes the system restart.

Also too much slow to start, 3 times more than 7.2

OS Windows 10. 16 GB

We need a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem BUT i think its related to the presets. When i remove all my presets that are converted to xmp then lightroom 7.3 runs flawless but when i try to add my presets back then when i switch between photo's or profiles then it starts crashing. My VSCO profiles run fine with no presets installed but same thing happens when i add my presets back to the cameraraw folder then lightroom crashes again after tweaking the profiles or presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

New version 7.3 LR crashing and hangs on import of ARW files when converting to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know it worked. Resetting preferences pretty often really helps with problems like this. There is very little stored in the preferences that can't be redone in a minute so it is a good troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show me exactly how to Reset the lightroom preferences

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read a few post above and you will see a msg from kenz2692812 telling you how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for providing the crash reports. We are investigating them and I will get back with specific troubleshooting steps for all respective users.

• Could you all please use Lightroom with the GPU usage disabled in the Preferences> Performance menu and see if the issue still persists?

Let us know about your findings.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am willing to try the unchecking of that box...but i WANT the graphics acceleration..i dont feel i should have to give that up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, as I have already written, switching off GPU acceleration doesn't resolve my problem. Also, I've  just updated my graphics card drivers, still no good. I also reset LR preferences, cleared caches, reinstalled and installed it completely - nothing works. It seems stable with an empty catalog, but when I open my "real one", the fan goes in overdrive and the PC reboots in a minute or so. Once I roll back to previous version (7.2), everything in normal again. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines