• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 update crashes all the time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  big problem with the new update of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and it is crashing a lot. It has crashed when I used the Profiles browser and also when I used ordinary presets. I´m not doing anything else with LR but with this new version seems very unstable, the 7.2 was very stable. I have checked so I dont have GPU acceleration on plus I have updated with the latest graphicscard drivers.

One other problem is with the converted development presets is rearranged in a total chaos order. I can not find any logic behind how it is organized. Is there a easy way to have it back in the order I hade it version 7.2. In the filesystem it looks ok but LR is doing something else.

Br

Mats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 200 Replies 200
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave a hard look at Capture One. Until I found out that they don’t support Pentax 645z raw files (.PEF) or pretty much any other medium format competitor to Phase One. So if you ever want to go medium format and don’t want to shell out $40k for a Phase One, you might want to rethink the jump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is a Capture One

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any movement on this issue?  Three weeks from OP and no solution for Windows user except to revert back to 7.2?

Here's another crash log if Adobe is still interested;

Lightroom Classic CC crashing.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try turning off the color profile previews by setting the preview to list mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but where are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the color profiles on the right side where it shows the previews of the profiles. You have 3 option like normal previews, large and list mode... my lightroom crashes because of the previews generator so if you use list mode then it doesn't have to do the previews and then it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Richard.  I am giving it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work.  After a few hours of work, Lightroom crashed again and this time took the whole computer with it.  This is really old.  The crashes seem to be consistent with opening or closing the Develop Module and sometimes the Library Module.

As I can not afford the lost production time, I am going to revert back to the previous version.  Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce the release of Lightroom 7.3.1 including fix to resolve most of the reported crashes.

To update Lightroom Classic CC to 7.3.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Lightroom Classic CC. See Update Creative Cloud apps

Here's a list of what's new in this release: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Please note that the update might not resolve the app crash in some cases, so please feel free to share your feedback with us.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation while working on this issue.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working great again and zero crashes after the update so thank you for releasing this update so fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are glad to hear that Richard_NL,

Thanks for the update.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to reproduce the Lightroom 7.3.1 crash.  Reopened after LR crashed.  Let the program sit for about 15 minutes. Clicked on the window to reactivate and it crashed.  Here is the Event Log;

Lightroom 7.3.1 crash #2.PNG

Time to revert back to 7.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated a hour or so ago.  Lightroom 7.3.1 was sitting idle for about twenty minutes. Went to activate it again and it crashed.  Everything was working fine until I stopped working in it for awhile.  The crash occurred when I clicked on the window to the Develop Module.  Here is the crash log;

Lightroom 7.3.1 crash 04-24-2018.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still experiencing crashes, please submit crash logs with your email address: Submit a crash report for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom

I did a search and couldn't find any of the submitted crash logs from any of the Adobe IDs of people reporting crashes since the release of 7.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the wrong terminology, computer does not crash when memory card is removed it "hangs up" " Stops Responding" "Goes to "Ghosted White Screen" . In the past I have never done the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" thing. I tried it just now, memory card had uploaded the images 3 hrs ago and I got a message that the card was still in use and I should close the program before removing. Maybe that's the issue, LR is letting loose of my card after it has finished uploading ????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. The hang when a USB device is removed is being investigated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess being on a Win7 64 bit machine shows a different sort of hang.  I have no problems when processing.  However, when I'm done and go away for several hours and come back, the little blue revolving circle is sitting there in place of the cursor and in the upper left is the "Adobe Light Room not responding".  At that point, all I can do is quit the program and sign on again.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have images on external USB drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got two external drives as backups that are USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external drive in a USB 2.0 slot, one in a USB 3.0 slot, and a card reader in a USB 3.0 slot.  It's just fine now that I have 7.2 back in play.

Again, I have no crashes when I'm processing, including when I place a CF card in the reader and remove it.  It only happens once I'm done and the computer is just sitting idle with LR either on the screen or minimized for several hours.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Went back to 7.2 and is working again.  7.3 is a dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha!  That's it!  For me anyway.  If I have my camera connected via USB or if I have the SD card inserted in my PC's card reader and do the import to LR from either of those sources, with LR still open after the import, when I remove the SD card from the PC or unplug the camera from the USB cord (whichever method I used for the import), LR will go unresponsive and then crash within a minute or so.  

If I don't open LR, manually copy my files to the PC, remove the camera or SD card and THEN open LR and import the files I moved manually, it works fine.  No crash.  So at least for me that's the issue.   For now I'll use the workaround of manually copying the files to the PC and then import them from that folder I copied them to (with no SD card in the PC's card reader and no camera connected via USB). 

My photography site: https://www.thephotographyhobbyist.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you for acknowledging the issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As LR 7.3 and 7.3.1 both became "Non-responsive" when left idle for any period of time, I have mistakenly called this a crash.  As by definition is it not, the Adobe "Crash" dialogue box does not appear.  I have therefore, attached two screen captures of the Windows "Error" screen as a documentation of the LR bug.  I have not had any issues with Importing files from my SDXC cards.

Lightroom 7.3.1 crash 04-24-2018.PNGLightroom 7.3.1 crash #2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3.1 Crashes more often than 7.3.

NOT GOOD!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines