• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC only subscription

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a hobbyist using Lightroom 6.14, which is getting a bit long in the tooth.  I purchased Lightroom 6 when it was released in 2015.  I do not use Photoshop, and have no plans to use Photoshop.

Does Adobe have an plans to release a Lightroom Classic CC only subscription for a cheaper price?  If Adobe released a $5/month subscription for Lightroom Classis CC only, I would think of subscribing.  Considering that I don't use Photoshop, I find $10/month a bit expensive.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to : Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

you will see several plans. Now the single app plan does not appear to include any form of Lightroom in it.

I was going to point out the options in the Photgraphy plan, but Lightroom Classic CC is not listed, just that piece of (censored by author) Lightroom CC with more storage. Clearly not what you want

So, it appears only the default Photography Plan,  with LR CC, LR Classic CC, PS CC, and a bit of cloud space, is offered at the low cost end (well their low cost end) that will provide you with Lightroom Classic CC with the minimum of additional software. (Unfortunately not with just LR Classic CC)

Now, I do not open up PS much, but I do occasionally find I need to do so when LR Classic will not accomplish something. Most often this is the content aware fill tool, sometimes better spot removal, occasionally a troublesome pano merge (LR needs work on difficult brackets) and at least for now (with not even a hint of possible change) focus stacking.

By the way, while I would install PS CC and LR Classic CC, installing LR CC (aka the Cloud LR) is not mandatory. Installing PS CC is not mandatory either, but recommended.(ok, just my opinion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I agree with many, note how Adobe lists Lightroom Classic CC secon (or in some advertising last), note how they do not offer a Lightroom Classic CC only plan. Note how the harp on Plans with more cloud space.

Do they want us to abandon Classic? Or is that a continuing PR error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a single app plan, but it includes Lightroom CC and 1TB of storage for $10/month.  Unfortunately, I'm not interesting in Lightroom CC.  I'm interested in the Lightroom Classic CC.

Adobe need to work on their product naming!  🙂

I wrote the original post hoping that someone from Adobe would see it and respond.  I was fairly sure they didn't have a $5/month plan for just Lightroom Classic CC, but wanted to let them know that there would be some sort of demand for that.

* hint hint *

Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, well Adobe employees only occasionally look at this Forum, only occasonaly reply, usaly to ask that you post to another web site.

And that site is: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

And yes major fubar (trying to be polite, really) in naming the Mobil pos Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, if you want to stick with Lightroom - and it is a good programme - and keep it farily up to date, you have no option but to go subscription. BUT, their Photography plan (at it's current price) is still a good deal all things considered. I don't use Photoshop a lot myself either, but it is really good for some things as davidg mentioned in his post. That's where Photoshop is really good! SO both programmes do work well together.

You could also go with Photoshop Elements. You can edit raw files with that as well (although probably not as functional as Lightroom). Maybe have a look at that option as that is standalone.

By the way, in naming products the concept of KISS comes to mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using their photography plan for $14.99 but I just got an email that i'm being renewed at $19.99 per month. I use Lightroom on my iPad Pro and Lightroom Classic on my Mac for storage/backup. I have no need for Lightroom CC, so I really do wish they had a Lightroom Classic Plan with 1TB for $9.99. 

Man, if Apple only brought back Aperture + iCloud, I would drop Adobe in a heartbeat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be the 1TB option, would it not? 20 GB still $9.99/month

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html?mv=search&sdid=KKQYH

Do you actually use the 1TB of cloud storage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I use 1TB of cloud storage, I would even pay $9.99 for half of that, but 20GB for $9.99? I would use that up in a day from less than a full photoshoot. I use 64GB SD cards, I couldn't even sync that for $9.99.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that the majority of the LrC users that are members of this community site, do not store much on the cloud. We keep our images on hard drives, just publishing to the web those images we want to share.

The majority of LrC subscribers just going with the 20GB option and not using that cloud space at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bring my iPad Pro with me to shoots. Not only is it an immediate backup to my SD card, I do most of my edits on the iPad Pro. Once I have WiFI, the iPad Pro syncs to the cloud and I have another "backup" of sorts. My computer at home with Lightroom Classic will sync and download all the RAW files. 

If I could, I would import to Lightroom Classic and then edit on the iPad Pro, although it would be an inconvenience, but Adobe doesn't let you import into Lightroom Classic and sync to CC. You can only import from Lightroom CC or Lightroom Mobile to have all your images in the cloud. I don't really need 1TB of cloud storage, but 20GB are not gonna cut it either. Like I said earlier, even just one SD card is 64GB, so I wouldn't be able to sync even one SD card. I'm not trying to store my photos on the cloud, I want to be able to sync more than 20GB of photos. If there is a better workflow  that you know of, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if using a iPad on the road, then probably that workflow.

My workflow for Photo Trips is to use my MACBook Pro, placing catalog and photos on an external drive. Imports at end of day while going to dinner, color grading after dinner, etc. When I return home, the external drive gets connected to the desktop computer, and everything copied to internal drive and an additional external drive for backup. So, yep, no need for cloud. Any sharing via Smugmug.

And yes, easily a couple hundred photos in a day, 20GB would not do it if using the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines