• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC, Thirds Crop Tool Overlay NOT showing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC, Mac OS 10.11.6, Crop Tool Overlay, Thirds overlay is NOT showing up. I can cycle through the other overlays using "O" on the keyboard, but the Thirds overlay will not show. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Hey Bob!

I got it fixed!!!

After I thought about it for a while, I remembered, "If all else fails, reboot".

After closing down LR Classic CC and reopening it, now the Thirds show up, and also the Grid, (which I didn't realize wasn't showing up previously), is also showing up either from the menu or cycling through using the keyboard shortcut "O".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Crop Tool selected go to Menu "Tools/Crop Guide Overlay/Chose Overlays to Cycle".   Check the ones you want to see.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.45.21 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob for trying to help. I have already tried what you sent me several times, checking and unchecking the Thirds on that pull-down menu. I've been using LR since version 3, and have been a local instructor for 3 years, so I'm pretty familiar with the program, however, there are always senior moments and oversights with new versions that I sometimes miss. I also downloaded the latest Java Script, which it recommended, and made sure that it was working. I find it strange that the other crop overlays seem to work, but not the Thirds. It's kind of hard to teach it, when it doesn't show up. LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Bob!

I got it fixed!!!

After I thought about it for a while, I remembered, "If all else fails, reboot".

After closing down LR Classic CC and reopening it, now the Thirds show up, and also the Grid, (which I didn't realize wasn't showing up previously), is also showing up either from the menu or cycling through using the keyboard shortcut "O".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines