• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC won't open

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, my Lightroom Classic CC won't open.  It was fine yesterday.  Today it will only show the opening splash screen and then nothing, it just goes away.

I'm running on a new iMac with the latest updates on it.  As the programme ran yesterday, I'm pretty sure it's not the machine that's the problem.

I can see this is a really common issue and the advice is to sign out of your account and sign back in.  I have done that, several times.  The support page also tells you to clear out some subfolders that just don't exist on the Mac but that whole folder went when I uninstalled.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled, twice.  I have uninstalled every Adobe app and run the AdobeCreativeClouldCleaner tool to remove them all.  I've shutdown an restarted multiple times.

When I reinstall, Lightroom still won't work.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks

Kathy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

I've gone back to my previous back up and all is working again.

It's interesting but thank you for helping!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the folder that contains your Lightroom catalog (probably in Pictures). Look for a file with 'lrcat.lock' extension. Remove it to trash, then try restarting Lightroom.

lock file.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian

I tried that but it still won't open and recreates a new .lrcat.lock file.

You got me thinking though so I moved the catalogue out of the pictures folder and now Lightroom starts.

It must be something to do with the catalogue.

You've given me another avenue so thank you!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone back to my previous back up and all is working again.

It's interesting but thank you for helping!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The holy grail of answers....

Checked forums first and didn't find an answer that helped (didn't find this one).  Spent two hours on chat and remote with Adobe Support...found nothing except a glass of wine in my hand.  Found this.  Removed the lock file...didn't work.  Moved my catalogue to a different file path and ….voila!

Thank you!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey grey_)-

It's 2021 and the same issue for me.  Workef my way through this thread,  tried the suggestions..  Restored 5 versions of my catalog backup, reinstalled lightroom photos from backup  and no joy.  Then I tried your solution, and it works as promised.  When will I learn to start with the LAST reply and work backwards? 

Thank you for your persistence in solving this, and for posting your success!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance yo ucan share exactly what yo udid?  I am having same issue with no luck.  I don't know how to "move my catalogue to a different file path"...  HELP!!  TIA!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you got your answer or not... what I did was go to Pictures....Lightroom.... then cut and pasted all files into a different folder in Pictures.  When I tried Lightroom again it asked for a different catalog.  I went to the new folder, sorted them by date and selected the just prior to the newest one.  Everything works great now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've just lost three hours of my life! It worked fine yesterday and today won't open. When you say you moved your catalogue to a different path, what do you mean by path? Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fallen in the same ambush afteran upgrade to Ventura 13.4 I' get invariably "Adobe Lightroom CC left in a stunningway" Somebody can Help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines