• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic closes after splash screen on M1 iMac running macOS 11.5.1

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded creative cloud and installed. I then installed Lightroom Classic through the Creative Cloud. Whenever I try to launch Lightroom Classic it immediately closes shortly after the splash screen appears.

I spent two hours with Adobe tech support who took remote control and tried random things... NONE of which solved the issue. I'm still left WITHOUT a functioning software even though I've payed for it.

I am running a brand new Apple iMac M1 computer with Big Sur 11.5.1 .

I have already tried the recommended solution of...
1. Signing out and signing back into Creative Cloud
2. Changing the SLCache and SLStore folders to the "SLCacheold" and "SLStoreold"
3. I have uninstalled and re-installed both Creative Clould and Lightroom Classic THREE TIMES NOW

This has taken OVER four hours of my time now. I'm very frustrated.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! YOU are the first person to find something that helped! I tried both steps.

1. Holding down option did nothing. I only saw the splash screen for 1 second and then nothing.

2. Creating the "new user" works! Lightroom Classic opens and runs on the "new user". SO, now the question is... why is that??? And how do I get it to work on my main "user" account? What do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! YOU are the first person to find something that helped! I tried both steps.

1. Holding down option did nothing. I only saw the splash screen for 1 second and then nothing.

2. Creating the "new user" works! Lightroom Classic opens and runs on the "new user". SO, now the question is... why is that??? And how do I get it to work on my main "user" account? What do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TXGuy,

I'm answering here rather than in a personal message so that others can benefit in the future maybe. 

I don't know exactly the reason why your original profile doesn't work. But since it works on a new user profile, we know for sure that the install is good and there's nothing wrong with your system. Whatever is creating the issue is a corruption somewhere within your user profile. 

I know this would mean yet another uninstall and reinstall, but have you tried the CC Cleaner script tool that Golding mentioned above? If you run it from your original account, maybe it will clean up some cruft that is causing the issue. 

Other than that, we will need someone from Adobe to jump back in and give a clue what to look for to clean this issue out of your original user account. 

Sorry that I can't offer any better guidance, but at least we have narrowed the problem way down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did run that tool and it did NOT change or help anything on my main "mac user". The only way I can get Lightroom Classic to run is when I switch to the "new user". Thank you for helping to narrow it down! 

What about making the "new user" into my main user account and deleting the old "main user"? Is that feasible?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thank you to TXGuy for entering the discussion. I for  one completely overlooked computer user account problems. Even though it is in troubleshooting documents. Agg....

Moving on, In the reference below, scroll way down to  "Troubleshoot user account permissions"

(ref 1) Adobe | Basic troubleshooting steps to fix issues in Lightroom Classic

I think additional Adobe support documents on this exist.

this article mentions making a new computer account:

(ref 2)  The Lightroom Queen | Standard Lightroom Troubleshooting Steps

see small tip #11, leads to:

(ref 3) Apple | MACOS User Guide; Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the new user fixed the problem but ONLY on the "new user" account. How do I get it to work on my "main user" account now? That is the question. (fyi I am the author of this post).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be simpler to abandon that old account.

By the way, is the new account a standard account? That is best practice, see (ref 1)

And the old account, that was a user account, and not the Admin account, correct?

(ref 1) : 6 things that can be done to secure a Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your LrC startup preferences (not the same as LrC preferences) may be corrupt. Search for a file named 'Lightroom Classic CC 7 Startup Preferences.agprefs' and delete. Alternatively, you can find it at Users/~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Preferences.

Note that when you remove above named file and try to relaunch the application in the normal way it will create a new catalog. So, best you first locate the catalog (file ending in lrcat) that you actually use, then double click on it. This should relaunch LrC into the correct catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE

Ok guys, so now I've got it to where LrC will open and run. HOWEVER, I get an error message everytime upon launching the program. The error message says, "Unexpected error opening catalog". I've attached a screen shot here. Upon clicking "try again" the program launches and seems to work just fine. If I click "choose different catalog" then it gives me the option to create a new catalog or choose the existing one... either option works. BUT as soon as I quit the program and launch it again, I get this same "Unexpected error opening catalog" message. Any ideas on how to get past this last hurdle? 

I've done every single thing you have all suggested so far. The only thing I haven't done is abondon my Mac "user account" for the "new user" account yet. Both accounts are set as "admin" currently, and like a already mentioned, LrC works perfectly on that "new user" account (Mac).  I've done so much prep work getting everything the way I want it on this new computer that it would be a big bummer to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each catalog has its own unique settings file. So, the issue is not catalog specific. That points back to the preferences file or more specifically something that LrC is trying to load when launching.

Do you by any chance have the Logitech Plugin installed? If yes, then see:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-silently-installed-logitech...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't have that plugin. I have no plugins whatsoever yet. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you can. Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, will do! Stand by.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic version: 10.3 [ 202105281559-8dc50eb4 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 11
Version: 11.5.1 [20G80]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.34.0
Built-in memory: 8,192.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 4,096.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 452.9 MB (11.0%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 401,607.6 MB
Memory cache size: 0.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 13.3 [ 807 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 4095MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 1MB / 4096MB (0%)
Displays: 1) 4480x2520

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M1

Application folder: /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: /Users/michaelchance/Pictures/Lightroom/Lightroom Catalog.lrcat
Settings Folder: /Users/michaelchance/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Facebook
4) Flickr
5) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 512
AudioDeviceName: $$$/dvaaudiodevice/SystemDefaultAndEffectiveDeviceName=System Default - iMac Speakers#{comment}DVAAU-4201250: Open the audio hardware preferences page.
AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2
AudioDeviceSampleRate: 48000
Build: Uninitialized
CoreImage: true
GL_ACCUM_ALPHA_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_BLUE_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_GREEN_BITS: 0
GL_ACCUM_RED_BITS: 0
GL_ALPHA_BITS: 8
GL_BLUE_BITS: 8
GL_DEPTH_BITS: 32
GL_GREEN_BITS: 8
GL_MAX_3D_TEXTURE_SIZE: 2048
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE: 16384
GL_MAX_TEXTURE_UNITS: 8
GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS: 16384,16384
GL_RED_BITS: 8
GL_RENDERER: Apple M1
GL_SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: 1.20
GL_STENCIL_BITS: 8
GL_VENDOR: Apple
GL_VERSION: 2.1 Metal - 71.7.1
OGLEnabled: true
GL_EXTENSIONS: GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_imaging GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_shadow_ambient GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_blend GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_bindable_uniform GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_element_array GL_APPLE_fence GL_APPLE_float_pixels GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range GL_APPLE_flush_render GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_row_bytes GL_APPLE_specular_vector GL_APPLE_texture_range GL_APPLE_transform_hint GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_fragment_program_option GL_NV_fragment_program2 GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_barrier GL_NV_vertex_program2_option GL_NV_vertex_program3 GL_SGI_color_matrix GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any news on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines