• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashing on import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic keeps crashing on import. Everything works well and quickly in the program until I try to import. Usually the file>import photos and videos menu makes it stall out and finally crash. Occasionally it will get as far as the "select a source" screen where it stalls and crashes before I can click anything there. I'm running 11.1 on Windows 10. I've tried all the usual fixes - restarted the pc, restarted the program, closed all Adobe apps, etc. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing that you should try is to switch off the GPU support from the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Go to Lightroom > Preferences > Performance tab > Uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" > Restart Lightroom.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#troubleshooting

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Another step is to try to reset the Lightroom preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Do you get an error message? If yes, please post the exact message or an screenshot. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, it's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to get back to this. I've tried both of your suggestions and neither helped the issue. The only error message I get occasionally is the generic Windows one: "Adobe Lightroom Classic is not responding. If you close the program, you might lose information." Then the option to close or wait for the program to respond. Sometimes I have to go to task manager instead and shut it down that way. I've let it sit for up to 10 minutes to see if there would be a response or a change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your system up-to-date? Do you have installed all available updatres and patches for your hardware drivers and operating system?

Create a new user account on your machine and logged in with this account. Check the import in LR.  

Please create new catalog and try the import.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all OS, hardware, etc. are up to date with drivers and patches. To make sure I understand you, create a new account, and then use that account to login to my current account and try the import? Should I delete my current LR from my computer before doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>... Should I delete my current LR from my computer before doing that?

No. Create a new user account in Windows. Normally LR should be also available with this new account,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure all USB devices (excluding keyboard and mouse) are disconnected; try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be missing something, but how can I operate LR without a mouse and keyboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say to disconnect your mouse and keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my brain read that as "including".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, tried the suggestions and LR goes grey ever time I click on add photos. I have tried to fix this for far too long and after my trip I'll be trying alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue, tried the suggestions and LR goes grey ever time I click on add photos. I have tried to fix this for far too long and after my trip I'll be trying alternatives. 

So are you asking for help? It doesn't sound like it, to me it sounds like you are just telling us you won't be using LrC any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines