• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic crashing when trying tp delete and no image oin develop panel

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just im ported a set of photos into Lightroom Classic. I went to do a rought cull and having selected a few images the remove and trash bar progress bar came up but it just didn't go anywhere for ages. I closed LR down and tried again with a single image, the bar got to the end but didn't disappear and neither did the image. I then did an update check and installed the new version, now 11.3, and tried again, but same thing happened. I then decided to just do some editing and found the images are not showing in the develop tab/pane.

I did a search on here and tried turning off the GPU setting, but that hasn't helped either. I have tried accessing other photos in the library and the same is happening, so not just the new imports.

Anyu suggestions?

Thanks

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you right-click on an image and select Show in Finder? Where are your images being stored? On an external drive or NAS? What OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I am on MacOS. The files are on OneDrive.

It definitely seems to be linked to deleting. When I just restarted with clearing preferences I can now see the images in the develop panel. If I delete an image and remove from Lightroom it goes away, however if I try to delete form disk it crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Quit Lightroom Classic.
MacOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes".

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I did the preference reset and I can now see the images on the develop panel, however when I try to delete an image and remove from it from disk it all crashes and I can't see the images in the develop panel again. The images are on OneDrive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Image files MUST be 'LOCAL'.! On a local Hard-drive!

They cannot be only in One-Drive (a Cloud device).

Lightroom-Classic needs to be able to reference the files in a local drive location.

Check your One-Drive options to be certain it is giving you a 'local' version of the photo files.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines