Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic doesn't open

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour.

Impossible de lancer Lightroom Classic (v13.2) sur mon Mac (Mac M2 - version 14.4.1).

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that Lightroom Classic has 'full disk access': 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Johan. Unfortunately Adobe Lightroom Classic and Creative Cloud already have all the accesses opened (full disk & accessibility) 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next two things to try. First, reset the preferences. Delete them, that is best: 

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If that does not help, then it could be your catalog. Rename the catalog file or (temporarily) move it out of the catalog folder, so Lightroom can't find it. If you get a dialog to search for it, create a new catalog to see if that works.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reseted the preferences and deleted them also : no improvement.

I tried to move the catalog file but no window appeared telling that Lightroom couldn't find it or asking me to vreat a new one 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the risk of sounding silly, have you tried rebooting the computer? Sometimes Mac OS gets in a state where it won't launch apps. Rebooting will fix that. If that doesn't help and apparently resetting preferences didn't help, try starting with the option key held. It should throw a dialog where you can choose a catalog file and can repair your catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restart(ed) my Mac after each change but no improvement 😞

I am still stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably reinstall time then. This might be a broken Lightroom installation which is rare. I would uninstall first and then reinstall classic. You might have to repoint it at your catalog after the reinstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom Classic a bunch of times but no changes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case it will take some deeper digging. I would look for messages in the system log file (open by typing console in the looking glass icon in the menu bar). Look for crash logs there for classic. If you don't see any, start streaming the system log and see what happens when you try to open Classic. I also see OneDrive in your icons there. Make sure your catalog is not in a OneDrive (or any other cloud service) managed location. This can severely damage your catalogs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are migrating from an older version of the OS, it may not work properly if settings remain.
When installing the app, please install it from the desktop app.
Additionally, creating a new OS user and reinstalling the app may also improve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines