• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic - issue w/ "Terminal" (Mac Big Sur)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP. Adobe person helped me to move photos to my external G-Drive (Friday night, so not available now on Sunday). Once all photos successfully moved over (done within LR), I manually moved LR Catalogs to G-Drive too. Now can no longer see the G-Drive photo folders within LR, only HD showing folders w/ missing photos. Now showing “Error”. Then TERMINAL opening up showing this: “Terminal” would like to access files in your Documents folder. – asking “Don’t Allow” OR “OK”. Don’t know what to do now! ---

Soooo, I clicked "OK" and now it's saying:

"Closing this window will terminate the running processes: Adobe Lightroom Helper (GPU), Adobe Lightroom Helper, Adobe Lightroom Classic, agcinvokerutility, AdobeCRDaemon."

(I guess "TERMINAL" is new with Mac Big Sur)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you moved the wrong catalog to the G drive. Moving catalogs from one drive to another will not cause photos to appear as missing.

If that's not the problem then please show us screen captures of the problem, using the "Insert Photos" icon (do not attach files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karen,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom Classic. We are here to help!

Could you please confirm the exact version of macOS on your computer along with the version of Lightroom Classic?

While it's okay to keep your originals/source images on an external drive, it is advised that you should keep Lightroom Classic's catalog on the internal drive only for safe operation. For now, ensure Lightroom Classic has required permissions to access storage of your macOS machine by following these steps:

1.  Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.  
  2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom Classic is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.  
  3. If Lightroom Classic is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + Icon & navigating to the Applications folder.  
  4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom Classic under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility. As shown below for Lightroom Classic.

SameerK_0-1645442698786.png

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps Lightroom Classic.

Please let us know if this helps!

Regards,

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines