• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic latest upload - Missing access to Standard Folders

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the latest update of Lightroom Classic and am getting a pop up that LR Classic doesn't have access to some Standard folders !?!?! The pop up goes on to provide a link for information on providing access but that link goes to an Error Page on Adobe. 

I've never seen this pop up before and am concerned bc the pop up further states that LR Classic might not work correctly if I continue without providing access. 

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance. 

PS. I'm working on a Mac Pro using OS Monterey Version 12.5

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks VERY MUCH for the quick response and the guidance. I reset the privacy settings on my Mac Pro and am now restarting the computer. Will lyk if this clears up the issue shortly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just opened up LR Classic again after rebooting the computer - getting the same pop up message the LR Classic doesn't have access to some Standard Folders. Going to double check to make sure I followed the instrux in the link properly and try again. Back soon and hopefully with better news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the procedure at link doesn't work then try resetting the LrC preference file as decribed in Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Ian. I was able to resolve the issue with your first recommendation of resetting the Privacy Options on my Mac. When I went back a second time to xck I saw that I missed a step. I corrected for that, restarted the computer and LR Classic opened without the pop up message. WHEW. THANK YOU. I've saved both of these links to repeat the process on my MacBook Pro M1. This is my first time using the Adobe Community for a tech issue and I'm very grateful for the support. I hope this thread hopes anyone else who runs into the same issue! Cheers! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know that the issue was resolved using guidance at link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines