Lightroom Classic - Lightroom CC sync issues

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have been using a PC and the same catalog sense forever. I also use Lightroom mobile on my phone/iPad and edit using collections. I may I bought a MacBook Pro I figured I would start a new catalog. I did set this catalog to my primary. However all my collections remained and I could view/edit them. No problem and everything worked as intended.

When Apple released their M1 Max I bought one. But this time I did not want to start a new catalog so I just copied the one I used on my previous MBP. But now my collection do not work anymore. I just get “XXX.ARW” could not be used because the original file could not be found. Would you like to locate it? Previous location: /Users/XXX/Pictures/Lightroom/Mobile Downloads.lrdata/downloaded-smart-previews/XXX.ARW

I can not get it to work. I talked to the Adobe support and they keep telling me I need the files locally stored on my MBP. But I did not need that on my previous MBP. Any suggestions? I feel like the entire Lightroom sync feature is malfunctioning. I will post some screenshots.

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows, macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?