• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic masking brush tool lagging

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My LrC has been painfully slow with editing due to masking tools causing LrC to "not respond."  The screen goes black, then when it comes back on, the brush tool specifically will have streaked a long line across the image.  I cannot get through a single image today.  5 hours on one image and I keep having to reset, restart.  I've talked with tech support and they thought it was because my onedrive was running, but that's clearly not it. 

Please please help - everything is up to day and computer is running great! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the graphics acceleration option: Preferences->Performance->Use Graphics Processor

If it is off, turn it on; if it is on, turn it off. Let us know if that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same exact problem here to a T. Super long lags where I'm not moving my mouse w the brush tool and then once the lag has stopped I have streaks all across the picture that I did not make. Erase, add, repeat. It has taken me so long to edit a small group of photos. Have been working with Lightroom for 10+ years and have never had this big of a problem! I have plenty of RAM and storage. Upgrading these did not help. And my GPU says it's up to date but Lightroom is saying to update. Any help please would be appreciated. About to quit altogether! Been dealing w this for the past year but now it's to the point that I can't get a single picture done in less than an hour. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message immediately above yours makes a suggestion about what to do. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LrC, in Help, click on System Info, report back what is shown for the GPU, an example below:

Graphics Processor Info: 
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (31.0.15.3758)
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: GPU for Export enabled

Also, how much VRAM do you have on your GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this ever resolved? Looking for the answer, same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this ever resolved? Looking for the answer, same problem here.

By @shayb68441784

It looks like the OP went missing, never replied to any inquiries, never stated any resolution. While this post is not all that old, only a few months, I would advise you to post your own Discussion. Get new eyes on the issue. When you do, please include your system information as LrC reports  it (/help/System Info/). Include info presented from first line of that sys info down to and including the plugins, all that info after the plugins is just gobblygook to many of us and just eats up scroll space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines