Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

💡 Lightroom Classic Newsletter - October 2021

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC-Newsletter.png

Welcome to our inaugural Lightroom Classic Community Newsletter, and boy is it a big one! In this issue, we'll be doing a recap of all the latest Lightroom Classic news and updates from MAX, highlighting one of our long-time Adobe Community Professional (ACP), the 411 in the community, and much more! If you missed any of our previous newsleters, you can find links to all of them together in one place: Lightroom Classic Newsletter home page. Are you ready? LETS GO!

ACP Highlight

The Lightroom Classic community is home to our Adobe product teams, Adobe community support team, and a knowledgeable group of product experts that volunteer their answering questions and helping you troubleshoot. They are called Adobe Community Professionals. ACPs for short. All ACPs will have the title Adobe Community Professional by their avatar.

ACP-October-VictoriaBampton.jpg

This month we're highlighting Victoria Bampton (Victoria Bampton LR Queen), who better known as The Lightroom Queen. She's been an ACP since 2011 but has been teaching Lightroom since the early betas and using Photoshop long before that. The daughter of a professional photographer, she grew up in the world of film photography and managed her father's studio. She went on to run a successful photo editing business before becoming the author of popular Lightroom books. She writes the monthly Lightroom Q&A column for Photoshop User magazine as well as hosting a busy Lightroom forum. Outside of work, she enjoys a quiet life on the peaceful Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England, with her little West Highland Terrier Charlie. You can find Victoria's work at Lightroom Queen.

MAX Release 2021

Hope ya'll had an amazing MAX this year! Did catch the MAX 2021 keynote or attend any of the Lightroom Classic sessions? Did anyone else have their mind blown by all the amazing Sneaks presentations? Share what you're looking forward too in the comments! MAX also means Lightroom Classic 11.0 is LIVE! Read more about the new features, fixed issues, and much more! 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.36.56 PM.png

Easily use advanced Masking tools that include Color and Luminance Range controls to edit specific areas, the way you envisioned them. Access the Brush, Linear, and Radial Gradient tools in the floating Masking panel. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.37.00 PM.png

You can now automatically select a subject or sky in your image. With this one-click selection, you can define areas and enhance editing to bring out exactly what you desire. Find these advanced tools and more in the new Masking panel.

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.37.06 PM.png

Gain more control over how you update and display metadata. You can customize and arrange metadata according to your preference in the Metadata panel. The new Edit Only mode greatly speeds up batch editing of metadata for multiple images

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 2.37.19 PM.png

Find newly added cameras and lenses in the full list of supported profiles. Find information about other new enhancements in this release. What update are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments! 

Tutorials

©Terry White©Terry White

Blog Posts 

Looking to kick start your creativity?  Check these blog posts! 

Helpful Links

User Guide | What's NewKnown Issues | Fixed Issues | System Requirments 

That's it for our first Lightroom Classic Newsletter! Hope you had a great MAX and got a chance to attend some of the sessions. If you missed any, check out all the on demand sessions. Let us know what you want to know more about in the newsletter! 

Follow Lightroom on Instagram | Facebook | YouTube

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a great way to unite the community. Will look forward to future episodes of the LrC Newsletter.

Great choice of ACP Highlight.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @DdeGannes! So happy to hear that! Hope you had a great time at MAX! If there is anything you would like to see in the next issue let me know! 

^Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Newsletter!

I have been reading the 'Lightroom' newsletters, but my primary interest is 'Classic', so now I can enjoy LrC.

Have enjoyed most of the 'Photography' sessions at Max. Great!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen So happy to hear you're enjoing the newsletters and the MAX session. Looking forward to future newsletters.  

^Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your highlighted person for LRC. The Lightroom Queen has helped me ALOT with answers for my students and other questions i get asked. Thank you Victoria!! You have a faithfull supporter in Hawaii. Please come visit we are on maui! Aloha Randy HuffordIMG_0399.jpegIMG_0584.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you subscribe to this newsletter?

...I used to get emails about all Lr Classic posts but they have stopped...

is there a way to configure those settings now?

Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steve Gandy great question! You can follow the Adobe Lightroom Classic Newsletter home page. I'll update this each month when a newsletter is released. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 11.31.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely love that Newsletter

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this newsletter! 

Since doing the latest Lightroom update I've had nothing but problems. It keeps crashing and freezing my computer. Any suggestions to fix this please - I'm trying to go through 8,000 photos of a recent grizzly trip and it's becoming unbearable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lee Horbachewski Oh no! Sorry to hear Lightroom Classic is causing so many problems. If you haven't already, please create post in the Lightroom Classic community. Please provide as much detail as possible and we'll be able to help troubleshoot there. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This last update with the new masking tools, my new digital drawing pad, and now the newsletter has got me excited again about editing... thanks to all the team at Lightroom!

Saludos from Chile...

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines