Lightroom Classic not compatible with windows 11?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if i'm the only one but is lightroom/adobe not compatible with windows 11? i've tried every fix and every program crashes/freezes on windows 11 now with all the newset versions etc. My pc specs are great too so it's not my pc, just curious if anyone has found success in using lightroom or any adobe programs?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom. We are here to help!

Could you please share the version of Lightroom Classic you are working with along with the specific version of  Windows 11(Windows + R > Winver and click OK)? Do you notice any specific error code or message when the application crashes? Does the crash/freeze happen at random times or during any specific task or operation? Are only Adobe apps crashing or freezing, or do any other apps also behave similarly?

Most of the 2022 apps are compatible with Windows 11, and we are constantly testing and optimizing for the best performance. Please check this article to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/windows-11.html

If all the apps struggle to be stable, it could be an operating system-level issue.

• Run Windows Terminal/Command Prompt as Administrator

SameerK_0-1646230048988.png

• Paste the below command on to command prompt

sfc /SCANNOW

• Wait for this command to finish and keep a close eye on any errors.

If there are any pending updates for the operating system or graphics drives. Please check this to troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

We hope this helps,

Regards,

Sameer K

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic 11.2 works for me on Windows 11.

My pc specs are great too so it's not my pc

The opposite is true. It is your PC, otherwise why would it work on my Windows 11 PC? More specifically, something is interfering with Lightroom Classic. It could be a bad preference file, a corrupted/out-of-date driver, Lightroom Plugins that have not been updated in a while, hardware malfunctions, and a bunch of other things. You need to investigate all of these things ... create a new preference file, re-install all drivers, disable all plug-ins, run diagnostics on all hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines