• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic not working with VPN connected

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Surfshark VPN. Now, Lightroom Classic does not function. Several variations occur.

1. It will not open.

2. If it does open,  it cycles "not responding."

I have tried different VPN protocols with no success.

I then disconnected VPN. Lightroom Classic loads but is very slow.

I have since read several reports of Lightroom Classic not working with VPN.

Does anyone have a suggestion for using VPN successfully?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NordVPN, it's on almost 100% of the time, and Lightroom Classic never has a problem.

Maybe there's an option in Surfshark to allow LrC and the Adobe Creative Cloud Application to communicate through the VPN to the internet.

But if it is slow to load with the VPN off, that sounds like something else is wrong that is un-related to the VPN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Creative Cloud applications with VPNs with mostly no problem. I just connected to a VPN and started Lightroom Classic, and it worked fine, syncing down a number of photos taken on my phone. Edits are syncing both ways.

But, I have noticed the following when using VPNs in general: Specific websites and apps sometimes fail on specific VPN servers. For example, maybe a certain VPN server’s IP address ended up on one website’s blacklist because other people used that server for abusive purposes.

If a core network component of the operating system, such as DNS lookup, is not connecting properly through a VPN, then applications heavily dependent on cloud services may experience delays if their cloud components aren’t loading.

One solution is that if the VPN in use (in your case Surfshark) lets you select which VPN server it connects to, have it connect to a different server. That often clears it up. Many VPNs provide multiple servers per city/region.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there are at least a couple of good ideas in there: Try changing the protocol, try changing the handling of IPv4/IPv6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. I cannot select servers in countries. According to the Surfshark speed test, Switzerland servers are the fastest (I am in Switzerland). As I mentioned, VPN protocol choice does not help.

I am trying the Lightroom Classic Bypass in Surfshark. This is only marginally better. Lightroom loads, but then cycles "not responding" and is unuseable.

Surfshark has not option with respect to IPv6 that I could find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! You're not alone if you're having trouble with Lightroom Classic and Surfshark VPN. There have been several reports of similar issues. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a fix at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try disconnecting from VPN and see if that makes Lightroom Classic work better. Otherwise, you might have to choose between VPN and Lightroom Classic. However, you might consider moving to thunder vpn for windows 7. It usually works fine, and I haven't heard of people having any issues with this VPN. Let me know if this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines