• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic stopped syncing

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, a few months ago, Lightroom Classic stopped syncing. Lightroom mobile and Lightroom on the web are syncing fine, but nothing shows up in Lightroom Classic, it is just hanging on "syncing 4 photos". Under sync activity there is no activity except for "preparing to sync". Under "Folders" my synced iPhone shows up with only 3 images in it. There are 2800 images synced between mobile and cloud, but only 2100 of them are showing up in lightroom classic, with nothing for the last few months. Adding an image to "All synced Photographs" in LR Classic does not sync it with the cloud or mobile. Somehow they have stopped communicating. I've tried logging in and out of creative cloud several times and resetting preferences. All apps are latest version. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

You may want to try the following (posted by Victoria in another thread)...

Firstly, make sure the iPhone and iPad both say "up to date" just in case they're pending because they haven't finished uploading.

Secondly, go to LR's Preferences > Mobile tab and click on one of the files that it thinks are pending and check that it's definitely safely in the cloud.

Thirdly, which desktop OS do you use? Clearing the local Sync Data cache often does the trick (I had to do the same thing morning), but I'll

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that the version is indicating Lightroom Classic V 8.3.1 which is the latest version.

Also could you show a screen capture of the left panel of the Library Module which shows your sync collections see the symbol pointing left and right. See the screen capture attached. I suspect that you may have a particular collection that has not been completed due to an image that is not a supported file type included in one to the collections.

Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 10.52.49 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - yes I can confirm I am using that version - and here is a screenshot. As far as I know I only have 1 synced collection in LR ClassicScreenshot 2019-06-21 at 19.05.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only collection selected for syncing in the screen capture is called “auto ipho...”.

contains 2281 files, All synced photographs show 2124.

Maybe there are unsupported files in that collection. Just my thoughts try selecting that collection to see what’s included there, some video files??

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I had a look and can't find anything that stands out - the only purpose for that folder is to sync what I shoot on the phone to desktop, so anything in there has come from the phone (including video files). Anyway I moved all images to a new collection and deleted them from the synced folder, so now there is nothing in the synced folder. The status is now hanging on "Syncing 2,120 photos" without moving, and the sync activity in preferences shows no activity (see screenshot)Screenshot 2019-06-22 at 10.12.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try the following (posted by Victoria in another thread)...

Firstly, make sure the iPhone and iPad both say "up to date" just in case they're pending because they haven't finished uploading.

Secondly, go to LR's Preferences > Mobile tab and click on one of the files that it thinks are pending and check that it's definitely safely in the cloud.

Thirdly, which desktop OS do you use? Clearing the local Sync Data cache often does the trick (I had to do the same thing morning), but I'll need to dig up the right path for your OS.

When you click on that https link, does the photo show up correctly in the web browser?

If so, back up your desktop catalog just for peace of mind.

Quit Lightroom.

Go to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\ and delete (or rename) the Sync.lrdata folder. Restart Lightroom and it should try to reconcile your local synced data and the cloud synced data. That usually does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Thanks jrsforums, I'm back. I renamed the sync.lrdata file and when I restarted LR it began syncing immediately. I'm on OSX Mojave, for those that want to know the path is /Users//Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alistair, this solved my problems .

My collections in LR were a complete mess after moving files and re-importing them (NOT a good idea! the right procedure, moving them within LR and/or relocating missing files/folders instead would have saved me many hours of frustration). I could re-create the collections from files recovered from the rubbish bin of LR CC on my ipad.

But that required a serious amount of syncing, and the system got stuck again and again. Until I renamed the sync.lrdata file as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i read this tread with interest and tried everything without success. My sync is stuck at 1520 left. If i add new, it works well. It adds the new ones and count down, and stopping at 1520 again. I have tried to check the filenames. But they all seems to be right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file pathway doesnt exist on my system - i have no idea what to do and LR Classic randomly failing to sync is seriously doing my head in. 

PLEASE HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can confirm that this tip is valid still.

Deleting Sync.lrdata helped me to restart syncing.

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant - that did the trick for me, too 🤩. Happy dance!! Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Mobile tab in Lightroom's preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is called the LR Sync tab, Not Mobile. If you don't have that tab in the LR Classic preferences then you are not running, opening, a version of LR that has that feature, IE an Older version of LR that did not include that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this doen't work for me. I've emptied the could, deleted that map> made 2 new pictures with LT camera. The are in the cloud now, but in LR the map of the date is made, but no succesvol sync.

I still see "downloading", but nothing happens.

Are there other solutions?

NB. the files in that map are dated 11-2019. So what happend ather that month until now when files where synced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the sync data folder also worked for me (twice), the last I suspect due to the migration to LR Classic v. 10. 

One point I'd add is that you need to find where your LR Classic data is stored.  For my system I keep all of my media files off the system hard drive and in my Photo folder on a separate drive (which is backed up and mirrored often).  So my location was <DRIVE>:\Pictures\Lightroom\Default and then I renamed the "Default-v10 Sync.lrdata" folder to "Default-v10 Sync.lrdata BU" (I'll save this for a few open/close cycles in case of a different/bigger problem).  This worked flawlessly but be sure to exit out of Lightroom first before you make any changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three years passed and the syncronization from Cloud to Lightroom Classic is still a mess. For me, it syncs about 100 pictures and stops. What does it mean - after a photo tour, without the classic, I need to restart the LR 20 times, to get my pictures from cloud on the LR. The proposed solutions are not working in my case. Why there is still no update for the bug? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines