• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic Stuck at Splash Screen

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with a similar issue as others.  Been running LrC 11.5 since August.  Last used 4 days ago.  Tried to open today and it gets stuck on splash screen. 

I'm running MacOS 12.6. Eveything is up to date.  I have deleted all preferences and renamed folders multiple times.  I have allowed Full Disk Access.  I have tried to uninstall/reinstall several times, even installing older versions.  Each time on launch the app gets stuck at splash screen and states Reading Preferences.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have deleted all preferences

The LrC preference file, correct? and as described in the following:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I tried it both ways with the keyboard shortcut and manually.

I seem to have got it working again by downgrading to version 11.0.1.  Which IMO is not a great solution, or even really a solution at all,  but at least I have access to my catalog again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one); still stuck? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting); still stuck? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still, stuck? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but wouldn't creating another account mean I would have to buy another subscrtiption?

Tried safe mode and it made no difference.  NVRAM and PRAM and SMC don't apply since I'm on an M1 mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can still use that subscription to test.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if we're talking about creating a new Adobe account or a new user account on my mac.  I did try a new user accout and the issue persisted.  Tried Safe Mode, ran Onyx, as well as another Mac cleaner.  Still hangs.  It will only work if I install version 11.01.  Anything later than that and it hangs at splash screen.

I am able to open a catalog in 11.5 but have no use of any other module besides the library at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user account under OSX.

Did you try uninstalling LR (do not save preference), then reinstall? Do this from Adobe Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen-shared with an Adobe tech.  Only 'solution' was to go back to Version 11.1, the last version that works without issue.  Tech thought this would be resolved with next update.  Unfortunatley, after upgrading to Version 12 today the problem still persists.  Going to upgrade to MacOS Ventura and see if the problem is still there. My guess is it won't be fixed.  Which seems to mean that I am paying a monthly subscription for an application I can never upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

i have the seme problem. Mac 27 Late 2014 and BigSur. Do you have some ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Knock-on-wood, I haven't had an issue since upgrading my mac to OS Ventura.  Before that I just had to keep using verision 11.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines