• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic taking ages to generate a preview after passing an image to Nik Viveza, SFX pro.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Nik suite on Mac M1 16gb/256gb, using Nik 4. If I pass an image to Viveza or SFX Pro from lightroom classic, then after closing the Nik app when the edited image is passed to back Lightroom Lightrrom takes about 5 minutes to generate the preview. If one clicks on the returned image Lightroom says "Loading" and stays that way, in grid view the preview is greyed out. This does not happen if the image to be edited is passed to Nik in jpg format, only with TIF. It also does not happen with the rest of the Nik suite Just Viveza & SFX Pro. These two are coded as Intel binaries, and require rosetta to run. The rest are native M1 Binaries. I have seen, once, a message from Lightroom that says "Invalid color space" when the file is returned from the Nik application.

This has already been reported to DXO, no response as yet.

Can anyone cast any light on this or offer assistance?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share one of the problem TIF images with us using Dropbox or similar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for the response. Here's a link.

P5300004-Edit.tif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image thumbnail appeared instantly in the Import window as did the larger preview. I then imported into the file LrC 11.4, and again the thumbnail appeared instantly. The full size preview (1:1) was as near intant as makes no difference. So, it would seem that there's no issue with the file nor LrC's ability to import and display a preview. That effectively leaves the code path that DxO use to load the files into LrC.  Unfortunately, I have no way of checking that. That being said, I've had experience a while back where DxO Pure Raw took ages to save files back into LrC. Pure Raw was, at the time, still running in Rosetta emulation mode. It may be that Rosetta is culprit in your case.

As a santity check, you could try importing the finished TIF files directly into LrC rather that using Viveza or SFX Pro to save them into LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for doing this. I noted that the preview was generated instantly after restarting lightroom. I must say it looks like an issue with the DXO stub that launches the Intel components from an M1 native lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the feedback from other recent posts to the forum regarding DxO products that depend on Rosetta, I think your assessment maybe right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines