• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic tethered capture does not work with Microsoft laptop studio

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently changed my computer to a Surface Laptop Studio from a Surface Pro 4.

I have a Canon 5D Mark IV camera, I am using Windows 11.

Lightroom tethered capture worked fine with my old computer.

Now it is unpredictable, temperamental and unreliable.

If you ask what happens it can be many things, not just one and sometimes it works.

Sometimes it can’t find the camera.

Sometimes the camera is busy, I have to unplug and start again.

Sometimes it all looks fine, I take the picture and it doesn’t come into Lightroom and other times it does.

Sometimes I get a blank window in Lightroom

jilllee_0-1649937508746.png

Below is a list in the order that it happens

No camera detected

A blank window comes up

Lightroom crashed

Started lightroom again the tethering bar came up beautifully, I took the picture, nothing in lightroom, a blank window came up, the programme crashed.

I turned my camera off.  Started Lightroom again, tethered capture, bar up ready to shoot, turned the camera on, took the picture, all good.

I seem to remember something similar happening when I purchase Surface Pro 4. 

I didn’t do tether capture for a long time.  Then one day I tried again.

This is after a few updates.  It worked fine.

I have jobs coming up and I can’t do them when it is so unreliable.

I recently spent time with a Microsoft technician who I think reinstalled Windows 11.  This did not help.

Everything seems to be up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Lightroom Classic forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try disabling the GPUand see if that fixes the issue. In LrC Edit> Preferences> Performance set 'Use Graphics Processor' to Off as shown below. Close and restart LrC to apply the setting change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines