Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Classic V11 will not open in OS Monterey

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic V11 wont launch in OS Monterey, Apple Mac Mini M1.  Everytime I attempt to launch it, the Lightroom hangs and is not responding. Have tried uninstall and install, but still will not launch. Is this a know issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time LrC was in use, did it get closed properly, or did you force quit, or crashed? Is a lock file in the way?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I launched Lightroom was using OS Big Sur. The lauching issue strated after installing OS Monterey and updating Lightroom to v11.0.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Face the same issue ... not starting sinde the update on Monterey

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support who remotely fixed the issue. It took the technician a while to find a solution, but he got it working. I also had to crest a new catalogue as the one I usually used would not open.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue right now. Waiting for some tutorial on the fix.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, V11 not starting on Monterey. Had to reinstall 10.4, this is working. Still a shame.
Hope they will fix the issue swiftly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: Since support chat is only open at office hours (where I am at my day job) this option is not open to me. Not overly user-friendly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same thing happening here. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please report this in the Bugs part of the forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same since updating to Monterey on an Intel iMac Pro 2017. LrC hangs at "reading preferences". Everything works fine on my PC when I tried the same catalogue and V11 of LrC. Rolled back to V10.4 for now on iMac, but this is annoying, but hopefully fixed in the next update. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting/renaming the preferences file. https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that before, but tried it again. Still hangs at same place.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, as detailed below. What finally did the trick: I contacted support. They had me swipe Creative Cloud completely from my system and reinstall it, following a certain routine and using Adobe's tools for it.
Now LrC runs smoothly on Monterey.
The routine I got only in my native German, but maybe it helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this too earlier today. Tried it and but still hanging. I've got a feeling it sadly got to be something on my computer if all these options aren't working for me. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines