Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic V6.0 (registered)

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day Everyone.

I have been out of touch with the photograpic comunity for some time now due to other obligations. 

However I'm happy to say I have picked up my camera again and look forward editing again.

I need some help. I have scanned some articles but could not find a solution to the challenge I have:

Previously I used LR 6.0 (purchased and registered) with update 6.14 as the latest of the updates at that point in time. 

I also recently upgraded my macbook pro, now running MacOS Monterey 12.3.1.

I have not been able to install the older version from the install file I saved long ago on the new mac as the file installer indicates that it is not supported for my mac.

Also if I go onto Adobe's wesite my product is still listed as a product I purchesed but when I click on the link to install it, it says :Lightroom  6 - this installer is no longer available."

Is there any way to still use the clasic version without CC? Really hope so as I only use it as a hobiest and not really intrested in the CC version.

Hope that someone is able to assist.

Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will provide a link where you can download Lightroom 6.14, which was the final release of Lightroom 6. You will need your serial number to install it. Also, if you didn't deactivate your previous installation you may have to contact Adobe in order to reset your activations before you will be able to use this installation. Here is the link:

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware you cannot install Lightroom 6 on macOS Catalina, BigSur or Monterey since the installer is 32bit and those systems will only run 64bit installer. Lightroom 6 is a 64bit application the installer is the problem.

Do you still have the computer where Lightroom 6.14 is installed and can upgrade that unit?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot about that. That's what I get for being a Windows user!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes answer is right on. As for this part…

@MalanBigred wrote:

Also if I go onto Adobe's wesite my product is still listed as a product I purchesed but when I click on the link to install it, it says :Lightroom  6 - this installer is no longer available."

…that might be because a few years ago, Adobe changed to support only the last two major versions of most of their applications. The latest version of Lightroom Classic (its current name) is version 11, so Adobe supports Lightroom Classic 11 and 10. For any earlier version, Adobe no longer provides support or installers.

You would be able to try to install Lightroom 6 if you kept the original installer you used, whether it was on disc or a download. Archiving installers of important software is a good practice because they can disappear from the Internet. But even if you had it, DdeGannes is still correct in that the Lightroom 6 installer cannot run on macOS 10.15 or later, and we are now on macOS 12.

For maximum compatibility with macOS 10.12 Monterey, you should use Lightroom Classic 11 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Conrad C.

Is Lightroom Classic 11 in any way available as a single purchase? Seeing that I'm only a hobiest the cost of a monthly or annually plan does not make sense for me. That is way I purchased the once off version year ago. No LR doesn't cater for guys like me it seems. I would have been willing to buy a newer stand alone once off ayment of the software. Any advice would be appretiated. Otherwise I'm going to look for other apps/software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@MalanBigred wrote:

Thank you Conrad C.

Is Lightroom Classic 11 in any way available as a single purchase?

No, unfortunately Lightroom Classic is available only by subscription. The least expensive way is as part of the Photography Plan which is about US$10/month before taxes.

This pricing might not be the best choice for a hobbyist, but on the other hand the Photography Plan rate for a powerful set of tools is less than some streaming video services which are only entertainment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 cannot be installed on Monterey. Also, https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

The download works but the installer does not work which is what I struggled with.

It was the same with the other links as well. It comes in with the 32bit vs 64bit installer file that is not compatible with new MacOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no 64bit installer. So you can't run the LR 6 installer on the latest Apple operating system. So, LR 6 cannot be installed on those operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

I gathered that much. Any advice if there are standalone once off payment software for Lr or similar programmes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is stand-alone in the sense that you install it on your local computer and all operations and all photos remain on your local computer (although you optionally can upload lower resolution photos to the cloud, but many people never do this).

Lightroom Classic is subscription only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing that I'm only a hobiest the cost of a monthly or annually plan does not make sense for me. That is way I purchased the once off version year ago. Now LR/adobe doesn't cater for guys like me it seems. I would have been willing to buy a newer stand alone once off payment of the software. Otherwise I'm going to look for other apps/software. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements from Adobe is a one-time purchase, not a subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for a newer or up-to-date version of Lightroom then Lightroom Classic is really your only choice, and it is only available through subscription. If the subscription model doesn't work for you, and you want to stay With Adobe products then Photoshop Elements is about the only choice. If that isn't suitable then you have reached a fork in the road where you are going to have to choose a different product from a different vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines