• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic very slow

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Im running LRC 12.2.1 on a 2017 Imac retina 5k, 3.8ghz quad core, 64 gb ram, 2.12 tb hard drive with 1.5 tb free, running Ventura 13.2.1. I import all photos to an externial 5tb hard drive thats about half full.   The past few weeks  LRC has gotten extremely slow, it can take hours to upload a 128 gb memory card and when scrolling through the photos in the library or develop module it an be painstakingly slow and photos are constantly "loading". When editing and making adjustments there is a delay and I get the spoinning circle on the lower right, its never been this bad before and I dont think ive changed any settings, Im shooting with Nikon z9 and the raw files arfe large but I've been doing that for almost a year and the slowness is fairly recent. On import I am using embedded and sidecar with no smart previews, I've been diing it this way for years. Any suggestions on anythig I can check or try or change to speed things up?  Thank you. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps, maybe, see the following bug:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-lrc-12-2-1-fails-to-start-launch-or-is-extre...

While subject of post is inability to start LrC in Windows, the solution (actually a workaround for now) appears to,also solve performance issues on both WINOS and MACOS.

This involves moving or deleting one file "metrics.json". This file might be hidden on your MACOS depending on past actions, if you have issues finding it, look at the current last reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a very recent example of LR sluggishness cured by deleting "metrics.json":

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/lightroom-classic-input-delay.47437/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response, I cannot find the file, I do have the search set to find all files and I have no hidden files so I'm not sure why I cant find it, I can find other .json files just not that one.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines