• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic won't launch

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get Lightroom Classic to launch. When I try to I get spinning wheel while the computer thinks about it for a second then nothing happens, but Lightroom Classic shows up as a Background Process in Task Manager. This only happens with Lightroom Classic, I also have Photoshop and Lightroom (not classic) and both of those work with no issue. I have tried un-installing + reinstalling including using Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner but always with the same result (everything except Lightroom Classic works). Is anyone able to help or experienced something similar? Details below.

Creative Cloud 5.3.1.470

Lightroom Classic 10.0

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

You may have a corrupt Preferences file, which does not get deleted during an uninstall. Close the Lightroom Classic instance in task manager and then hold down the ALT and SHIFT keys and click on the LrC shortcut. When prompted, click Yes to reset Preferences.

EDIT: I forgot to add that the Reset Preferences prompt is a small dialogue box, which may be hidden behind other windows. If you don't see it, try minimizing or closing all other open windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for this solution.

Still works on LrC v13.2 and on Macintosh.

On MacOS you need to press OPTION and SHIFT and click on the icon, but works as a charm.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Odd communication issue

Bring up your copy of Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. Sign out, sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issues as hughs_nz, but I am on the latrest version. None of the suggested fixes below worked for me. I have signed in and out, uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. It all worked fine last week but today...very frustrating. I am using windows 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get it to work in the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have a similar thing. I click on Lightroom classic shortcut and nothing happens. I've ended task in taskmaster and then tried shift and alt but no preference box appears. Needing help! Have a job to deliver by tommorrow. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Look in your lightroom folder for the latest catalogue and double click on
that. That's what I have to do now to open Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, and its damn anoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems. Using Windows 11 (all updates installed), Latestes Lightroom Classic (all updates) updated video drivers and everything I can think of.  Rolled Windows updates back to last time LRC worked, rolled back versions of LRC, uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times, deleted all folder associated with LRC and nothing seems to work. The Alt+Shift doesn't work.  Signed out of ACC and back in multiple times.  All other Adobe products working normal.  What am I missing??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution for me. I am unable to open via the usual file program link so each time I have to open the program via the catalog .lrcat file. I just created a shortcut and placed it on my desktop so that it now works when I open that file. I tried uninstalling and remove files etc, even had an Adobe tech spend over 1 hour working on it and that is the best solution. 

Example Location
1. Find "C:\Users\me\OneDrive\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom CatalogNEW\Lightroom CatalogNEW-v10.lrcat" 

2. Right click and "create shortcut"

3. Move file to desktop and rename as LIGHTROOM.

4. Open new file to run Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I hope this will get fixes in a coming update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and have tried all the various suggestions to no avail.  

All Windows 11 updates completed, Preferences reset, ACC up to date, LrC 11.4.1.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't have a solution. 
my LrC is only able to start using the Catalog file as a start button. 
I hope Adobe fixes this issue very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ted. I tried it. In my case did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as descripted by hughes_nz, but the solution does not work.  I've restored my computer from a backup to before Windows 10 20H2 and Lightroom classic works fine.  Do have another suggestion?

HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I have for this is to start Task Manager and end Adobe Lightroom, which for some reason is still running in spite of being closed.

Fortunately this has been happening less often.

Win 10 on NUC w/Intel I-7, 32G RAM, M2 SSD, Current Lr & Ps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply, but there is no sign of Lightroom Classic
running in the background with Task Manager.

Again, Lightroom Classic is running fine when I uninstalled the
latest window 10 update 20H2.

I've done this 4 times.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm haven't the same issue for months, and only thing that is "working" for me, is to start Lr from the catalog file. 
I am wondering why Adobe has not fixed this issue yet 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Windows 11.  What worked for me, was to install Norton Utilities Ultimate.  It cleaned up registry issues and Light Room Classic right away.

It might be worth a try.  You can cancel the utility if it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue and have tried all the various suggestions to no avail.  

All Windows 11 updates completed, unable preferences reset, ACC up to date, LrC 11.4.1. Used and deleted LRC Downloader.  Sometimes, I get three instances of LRC running in the Task Manager...neither seems to start the program. 

1. Where is the preferences file; i'll delete it myself and 2. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Where is the preferences file; i'll delete it myself and 2. Any other ideas?

By @Buffalogrr

see:

How do I reset Lightroom’s Preferences? | Lightroom Queen

or

Set preferences for working in Lightroom Classic | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried everything: lock, renaming with old, log out, reinstal, update to win 11 ... nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted, extra reply, my bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will, but it's not about ram, gpu etc... until yesterday worked fine, today i couldnt open it. it didnt happen after an update, just from one day to another..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines