• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Collections Disappeared

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Lightroom a whole lot, but I noticed recently that collections I had from projects ranging from 1 year ago and later have disappeared in the last few months from Lightroom. By disappeared, I mean I cannot find any evidence that they ever existed in Lightroom itself. I've searched old backup catalogs and the further back in time I go, the emptier and emptier Lightroom gets to the point where any backup catalog from more than a year ago is empty. This is not a question of "I can't find the photos themselves" - as I'm aware they live on the hard drives I put them. In short, I can't find any of the collections in Lightroom (Classic), as those are effectively the project files. As some of these projects are no longer dormant, this is extremely distressing. Additionally, when solving this problem, I would (ideally) not want to remove any of the current collections I've created recently. Has anyone experienced something similar and/or know how to recover old collections like this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the Collection Panel does not appear, or does the Collection Panel appear but some or all of the collections you expect to be there are gone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So in the catalogue that you think is most-current, do you see all the photos that you expect to see? This is not asking are they on a hard drive. I want to know if you see the photos in LR and in its Folders panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines