• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Creating Unwanted Subfolders

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, When I used to import files into LR I would select the folder from, select the photos and then add where they would add to the corresponding folder but now it wants to set up a subfolder in the parent folder which I dont want. I want to add to the parent folder the images and not add a subfolder. Its unchecked when adding but still makes a sub folder. I have tried direct from the card and off my pc an its the same. Any ideas why as it never did this before?????

[​IMG]

On the left is my import folder "Craig y Nos" then on the right you can see the Sub Folders adding yet "Into Subfolders" above is blank???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click "Into one folder" I get this -

It creates another sub folder "Craig Y Nos" x 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen shot of the import window. You have selected an option that creates subfolders.

Sorry I don't understand your first sentence. If you are importing images to the LR catalog that are already on your hard drive you should not be selecting either Copy or Copy as DNG. You could select the Move option if you wanted to move the images from the folder they are currently in to some other folder. But normally when importing images that are already on your drive you should be selecting the Add option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also you have to use the Forum to post images. you can't send them in an email to the forum and external links don't always work correctly.

Use this icon to post images to your reply.

Posting images to the Adobe forum.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your screen capture in the Destination section you have Organize "By Date" selected.

(This will create folders based on the photo capture date)

Change this option to: " Into one folder" then you will be able to specify your folder names.

-BH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you "copying" or "adding"? You won't see the destination folders at all if adding. If organizing into one folder is checked the files will indeed be placed into an one folder. Can you expand your screen shot to include the folder you've selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines